Hey guys, quick question for ya.

Im having trouble fingering barre chords on the fifth sting. Just the majors.

Example, D

How do YOU finger the three 7-fret notes? Do you barre with the ring finger or use multiple fingers? Thanks alot!!
Quote by deli_creep

*PEAR*

if i get banned....it was worth it.
Usually my ring finger, especially on electric. On a hard to play guitar, or an acoustic, I might use four fingers. You could also leave out the root, just play strings 4-3-2-1.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ Storm Stenvold
~ http://www.guitarteacher.com
~ See It, Hear It, Play It!
~ Free Video Guitar Lessons, Jam Tracks + More!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hate the A-shape Major chords and just avoid them
I use inversions, find the note on the 6th string for example and do that form
Thanks for the tips.
The trouble I have when barring with my ring finger is making the high e buzz. Practice practice
Quote by deli_creep

*PEAR*

if i get banned....it was worth it.
as everyone has said, use your ring finger to get the 7's down. if your luck, towards the bottom of ur ring finger you can slightly raise it up and hope that you can get just enough room to allow it to be opened and not muted. if u can do that, just make sure you use your index finger to fret down both high and low E strings at the 5th fret.
hmm, well with those kinds of chords I just use my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th finger to individually press down the 3 7th frets, and i barre the 5th frets with my index finger.
The note on the high e string is not super important. If you cant get it to sound try to mute it with any finger.
I actually barre with my index and hold down the three strings with my pinky.
Quote by AlanHB
I actually barre with my index and hold down the three strings with my pinky.

Hey, i do that too. I could never get those strings to sound with my ring finger;it didn't flex as much as my pinky. +1