Page 1 of 3
The title is pretty self explanatory

Mine=Boards of Canada
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Not a band, but Chopin. Especially "prelude no. 15"
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
the most brutal, heavy shit i got
LTD KH-602
Schecter Hellraiser C-8
Bugera 333X
Pedalboard:
Boss TU-2, HM-2
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Crybaby From Hell
Way Huge Swollen Pickel
DeviEver: Legend of Fuzz
MXR Phase 90 Script, Carbon Copy, MC-401
Opeth or Necrophagist.
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

My Last .fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/mcgelie
dragonforce, ive actually taken to really like their new album by listening to it when studying
NOPE
Usually some more mellow stuff. I actually have a playlist. It consists of the instrumental version of Blackout by Muse, a decent amount of radiohead (nude, karma police) Pink FLoyd, and some other generally mellow music.
Quote by Kensai

I used to listen to a lot of Andres Segovia while studying, for some reason lately Ive been listening to more electronic music (BoC and Brian Eno mainly)
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Burzum and Agalloch.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Boards of Canada is a good choice, I like to listen to toe or some coltrane or charlie parker and generally a lot of jazz when i study.
Follow me on instagram @createdaily
I never study but if I would ever study I would listen to mellow stuff like porcupine tree, opeth's damnation, pink floyd etc.
Current Equipment:
Epiphone Les Paul Gothic
Blackstar Ht-5
Bad Monkey
Quote by mercedesisbenz
Boards of Canada is a good choice, I like to listen to toe or some coltrane or charlie parker and generally a lot of jazz when i study.
I can't listen to jazz while studying, I get way too distracted lol
-Homer Simpson
Quote by ozzfest96
childre of bodom or anything else brutal

Children of Bodom was.....brutal?
Stone Temple Pilots and Soundgarden
Quote by RU Experienced?
I love ham, I'm gay!!!

Buy fresh sliced deli ham and stop being a bitch. Also, never microwave ham ever, it's in strict violation of ham law.
Zeppelin
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
This might sound really nerdy but, the banjo kazooie and donkey kong soundtrack for n64... it rules.
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
Quote by blues-guitarist
I used to listen to a lot of Andres Segovia while studying, for some reason lately Ive been listening to more electronic music (BoC and Brian Eno mainly)

I've got alot of segovia as well, but I prefer light pianomusic mostly. Music with vocals is difficult to listen to when you're reading =/
Quote by Kensai

you know a lot of chopin??
Mogwai, God Speed You Black Emperor, Caspian, Silver Mt. Zion, etc.

The less vocals/guitars, the better, for me at least. It has to be really ambient with little to no concrete tonal phrasing.

Interestingly enough though, this book I'm reading on Music Psych. says that people who can listen to highly textured music while preforming mentally strenuous tasks make better musicians in the sense that they are more apt to understand everything going on in as a pattern/single movement, rather than a combination of instruments. I believe the correct term is called "grouping"... but I dunno if that's what it is referred to in this case of psych.

Although that is also to say, these same people tend to focus less on the details of the single instrumentation. So, as a whole, it makes sense... but as you begin to identify a single instrument, they will falter.

/of ramble.
Currently reading:

Crime and Punishment
The Age of Reason
Little Dorrit

"Illegitimis nil carborundum"
Quote by faint_spirit
you know a lot of chopin??

A suprsingly lot
anything and everything
having variety is important otherwise i get too bored with so much work
shuffle = win
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
Depends if im in a classic rock mood or like a metal mood, some people may find metal distracting but for me it actually helps me be more focused on my work.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
It usually ends up being Muse, but Radiohead is great. So is The John Butler Trio. Also, Explosions in the Sky.
Quote by Vandals572
This might sound really nerdy but, the banjo kazooie and donkey kong soundtrack for n64... it rules.

WHERE in the world did you get those? i want them...
NOPE
I make a playlist of tool, meshuggah, and more prog metal and prog death.
Prog music relaxes me and makes me in the mood to not give a shit if im doing homework or not.
Quote by Nakon14
WHERE in the world did you get those? i want them...

Im pretty sure you can buy them... which i suggest. Or you can download them probably from torrents but i don't really know...... thats illegal............
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
i prefer either instrumental or music i don't really know that well. if i know the lyrics, i might pay too much attention to them rather than my homework.
Quote by faint_spirit
dude, i've been trying to find the name of one of his particular pieces for forever. it's on smallville, which is gay i know, but i got it stuck in my head. any help?

Not entirely sure, but I think it's from the "Nocturnes series". Maybe "Nocturne in E flat major, Op. 9, No. 2"

Btw I'm not sure if that link is allowed here, you can always edit it out just in case.
Page 1 of 3