if i were to play a song tuned in drop C how would i go about tuning the 7 string. thanks in advanced
(signature removed, please choose another)
You'd tune the guitar up a semi-tone.
Lowest string on a 7-String is B.

-Jayke
Member of the Laney Cult
there would be no use for the 7 string
Mr. Allan wrote:
This is like saying you're not allowed to jerk off over the girl next door unless you have a license and written permission from her. Which, of course, is bullsh*t
Tune the guitar to A Standard and tune the low E string to C?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Drop-C is one of those tunings where a 7-string fail, sadly. but yeah, tune it down to A-standard and drop the E-string
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by bjoern_swe
Drop-C is one of those tunings where a 7-string fail, sadly. but yeah, tune it down to A-standard and drop the E-string

To me, the capo idea isn't bad at all actually.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
To me, the capo idea isn't bad at all actually.

Yeah, but if you don't own a capo, you're in trouble

maybe I should buy a capo...

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Normal drop C but with a low G?

Drop C with a low F?

Musically either one makes sence but I guess the G would be more useful, I'm not sure.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by CoreysMonster
just drob the B string to A and play everything 3 frets higher?

that's pretty difficult to do. For instance, tune your guitar to drop-C and try to play any Lamb of god song, which is in drop-D. It's okey for powerchords, but when a song include a lot of e-string whoring combined with single note lines, it's an ass to play.

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball