I'm new to this forum so I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but my sometimes when I turn on my guitar and switch to a pickup (usually the bridge) I get no sound, like its not turned on. It does not happen exclusively on the bridge, sometimes on the neck too and eventually if I flip my switch enough it will turn on. I was thinking this problem could be fixed by just getting a new switch, but sometimes the pickups fade out too, I'll be playing and then the sound fades out like its not on so I thought it might be the pickups. Any help on this one? I don't want to buy new pickups or something and find out all I needed was a switch. Thanks.
k

Itr might be ur input jack, cause if it comes looose or something like that, then ur losing transmission, thats my problem. If not, check if ur pickup are (probably not) active pickups, which means they take batteries. if you;ve never opened the plates in the back,m then open them now to see, take it to ur local music shop or to a professional also.
Current Gear:
New York Pro - 5 String Beaut
Some tom delonge green strat my friend made
Boss GT-6
Eden DC210XLT Metro Bass Combo 500W (if anyone else has this model and has any insight about it, do pm me)
Sounds to me like active pickups dieing. what kind of guitar/pickups do you have
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
I've found some amps change volume if they're not drawing enough power. Don't share your amps power supply on a power strip with other appliances. Straight into the wall.
I just have stock pickups, on my schecter omen 6, and my amp is straight into the wall. I'm thinking about getting new pickups regardless now, I could use an upgrade. A switch and jack aren't too expensive either, combined total of like 15 bucks maybe, so I'm being to think that I'll go ahead and buy all three.
it's definitely not the amp, my cousin was playing on it a few days ago and problem has been going on for longer than that
I've played on it for about one year now, and everything worked fine (I used to get a ton of buzz before I knew how to fix it and it corrected itself, weird?) up till about 2, maybe a week and a half ago then they started dropping out. It wasn't too bad at first but now it's a pretty common occurrence.
The switch is either dirty or broken - it's nothing to do with the pickups or the amp. Spray it with some Servisol contact cleaner, if that doesn't work you may as well replace it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
+1 on the switch. sometimes blowing air in there is a good temporary fix as well.
if that doesn't work you may as well replace it.

^
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
+1 on the switch. sometimes blowing air in there is a good temporary fix as well.
if that doesn't work you may as well replace it.

^

I used CK1 once
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
It's most likely the wiring. Get it checked out by someone who knows their stuff (Some switches have been wired in a cheap/retarded manner.)
The same thing happened to my old guitar. Only the bridge and neck pickup would work, the middle pickup would never function, so I started using the pickup selector as kill switch for fun. Replacing it would be a good solution.
Alright, thanks for the input everyone. Looks like the switch is the answer, I'll get on that.