I've decided on a ESP LTD EC-1000. They come with Active EMG's and I was wondering how long do they last? I hated swapping batteries in my VG Strat that one day I just sold it out of spite.
3000 hours I think it is. Regardless, some people swap batteries very often out of paranoia.
I put EMG's in my V in March, and i haven't changed the battery yet.
I play nearly every day, and i've even left it plugged in overnight a couple times.
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Quote by BrickIsRed
3000 hours I think it is. Regardless, some people swap batteries very often out of paranoia.

Are you sure it's not over 9000?

Edit: I put that in has a sarcastic remark because I thought he was messin' with me. Turns out, he was right.
Last edited by Dirty_Civilian at Sep 3, 2008,
Quote by Dirty_Civilian

either way, it's a long time.
every so often i'll take the battery out and put it up to a tester just to make sure it's good

Quote by Dirty_Civilian

No. I just bought an 81 three days ago. Its 3000ish, but that's a LOT of guitar playing man. If it runs out, you just need to switch a battery...not exactly brain surgery.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
and if you have a guitar that comes stock with EMG's it should have an easier way to change the battery. Mine were upgraded so every time i go to get at it, i have to take off the pickguard, the volume/tone knobs and the bridge.

Quote by cerveza
and if you have a guitar that comes stock with EMG's it should have an easier way to change the battery. Mine were upgraded so every time i go to get at it, i have to take off the pickguard, the volume/tone knobs and the bridge.

Can't you just take off the back cover plate? That's the same location, unless your guitar's anatomy is complete opposite mine. (well and i installed mine myself)
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by cerveza

Yikes, I would settle for passive.