I noticed almost everyone doesn't like them. I have one and I love it. I havent had any problems with it or anything so whats the big deal?
The problem is people who don't use the searchbar and waste our time with threads that have been made a hundred times. Plus, they just sound bad.
The tone isn't very good to most people's ears, and that's about it. It's possible to get a much higher quality amplifier for the same price, as well. Plus they're said to have some reliability issues, but I couldn't tell you about that first hand.
Quote by thomaserak
they raped and killed my first born.

Get out. Reported.
Quote by mcrfobtai
The problem is people who don't use the searchbar and waste our time with threads that have been made a hundred times. Plus, they just sound bad.

i did use the search bar and if its waseting your time then why did you click on it and post a reply
i have one and i love it...in fact im gonna buy the halfstack soon

gear:
line 6 spider valve 212
ibanez RG5EX1
vinci VE5PK
from experience (ive owned one) at first to an "untrained ear" it sounds good because you havent heard anything to compare it to. when i went to the guitar center and heard more expensive amps (6505, dual rectifier, etc.) i realized what the spider lacked.
GEAR
Jackson JS30WR with EMG 81/85
Dean Vendetta
Peavey Valveking 212 (tung sol 12ax7 - JJ6l6gc)
Ibanez TS9
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2

Quote by insanitytheband
Hey Im Looking For Some Tech Death Metal In D

Quote by alexyeung
try anything form avenged sevenfold

wtf?
Quote by cokeisbetter
The tone isn't very good to most people's ears, and that's about it. It's possible to get a much higher quality amplifier for the same price, as well. Plus they're said to have some reliability issues, but I couldn't tell you about that first hand.

Get out. Reported.

Oh come on, I thought it was funny.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Low watt ones aren't bad for bedroom practice in my opinion, but it seems to me that once you turn them up louder(any of them, not just the low watts), they start to sound really compressed and digital, almost like a poorly recorded MP3. However for begginners in their bedrooms, I'd say they're great.
they have a very digital tone. thats the easiest way to explain it. its unnatural. its not necessarily bad if thats what you want i guess. but i think you will be able to tell. they just sound cheap and fakey.
Quote by tzmen23
from experience (ive owned one) at first to an "untrained ear" it sounds good because you havent heard anything to compare it to. when i went to the guitar center and heard more expensive amps (6505, dual rectifier, etc.) i realized what the spider lacked.

exactly. i had spider 2 212 and the spider 3 halfstack. i thought they were sweet. then i bought a peavey 6505+. Line 6 really does sound like crap. but, like he said, to the untrained ear it sounds fine
Quote by Sonicxlover
Oh come on, I thought it was funny.

I suppose... I just really hate people posting when they really don't have anything to contribute other than idiocy. That belongs in the Pit. I suppose it's all up to the mods anyway, I'm justing letting them know what they'll find out eventually.
The problem is theres a whole hate bandwagon for them and everyone jumps on it.

They have bad tone but they're alright practice amps if you like them then thats fine. I wouldn't worry about what other people think.

The other thing is like some said you could possibly get a better amp if you saved up a bit instead of getting the spider but like I said they're good decent practice amps and good to mess around with. Eventually, you'd want to upgrade though.
GEAR:
Schecter C-1 Plus (Emg 81/85)
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator

It's your friend.

Why people don't like Spiders? Because frankly, they blow chunks and they aren't worth the cash.

You can find my actual reasoning in the OTHER 2 million Spider threads.
Quote by SG RocKeR4485
i did use the search bar and if its waseting your time then why did you click on it and post a reply

I'd advise spending more time with the search bar then, as there are hundreds of threads on this topic.

"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure