Does anyone know how to get Cream's bass tone, I've been scratching my head on this for a while
A neck pickup of a Gibson EB series bass run through a vintage Marshall stack, cranked.

Kinda like John Entwistle's Live at Leeds tone, except complete crap.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
ummm...

did you notice the nice big stickied thread that said jack bruce?

I wrote that for people wanting to know about the nice man.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by willwelsh816
oops, im such a noob, I dont read stickies(or know how to spell em) thx much

no problem. and also, stickies are wonderful things, check the FAQ too.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Also, if you want his modern tone, besides the fretless Warwick Thumb, you'll need a Hartke amp with a frowny-face (cut bass and treble, boosted mids) EQ setting. Hell, that EQ setting brands an sound enough to make any bass kinda sound like it.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Yeah, I think Eddie Kramer wrote it in a technical manual once. Because we all know how popular graphic EQs were on amps in those days!
Quote by Cody_Grey102