So my predicament for you people...

I have a hard shell case with all my fun little things in it (guitar related). And this I mainly use for if I have a lot of things to lug around, and if it's a dangerous environment (for the guitar). I have jazz band in school, and I used to bring the hard shell case, but it was a pain in the ass going on the bus with it because the aisles aren't wide enough, and the seats won't take it. This year, my bus is packed with people, and I also happen to have a soft case. I was thinking it'd be fine to use it as long as I was careful.

But what do you all think? I'm a little nervous always bringing my guitar to school, cause I don't want it to get stolen (first/only guitar... sentimental value ya dig?).

What do you do?!
Use the hard case. The only time you should have to use a soft case is when you need to pick up and go and can't really hold all your accesories for you guitar in your hands plus the guitar. IF you want you guitar to last use hard shell. Another thing the tips of the strings on the tuning pegs grab the fabric of the softshell and rip it all to hell so yah hard shell.
Well in drumline I used a soft case on the bus, but if I had a hard shelled case I would have used it.

I just wouldn't take the risk. It just takes one idiot to fall into your guitar and snap the neck off it.
If I had to choose between a really padded gig and a hardshell that were the same price. I'd go with the gig bag. I've owned hardshell cases before and they're great. They work wonders and I can afford them just fine, but the gig bags, especially really padded ones, work almost the same. If you're flying, obviously you need an ATA case, but if you're just going to school with it, just bring the gig bag.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']You're not done being flamed in your other thread yet

My guitar was here first so lay hands off my soul.
I'm kinda nervous though, but I mean, I'm not gonna let it out of my hands. The things really padded and stuff, and I can hold it at an angle that the neck is parallel to my body so it doesn't just out, and people won't mess with it.
Your bus might have storage. Talk to your driver and see if they'll let you store it some where. Is there space in the back?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Your bus might have storage. Talk to your driver and see if they'll let you store it some where. Is there space in the back?

Oh, no no no. These are the oldest buses. They don't have storage. It's basically a aluminum cylinder, engine, seats, yellow spray paint.

(Not that drastic, but you get the point.)
^I figured as much. Maybe find a smaller hardcase? Otherwise you could always just make the others on the bus suffer.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
if you have some money, get a strat and put it in a softcase, they're super durable
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by l3p4rd
if you have some money, get a strat and put it in a softcase, they're super durable

lol, wut?

tbh it depends on how much you care about your guitar.
if you really don't want it to get damaged, take the hard shell and just try to be as considerate as you can. With a gig bag, even if it's padded there's still a high risk of it getting damaged, especially with a lot of people around
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?