Page 1 of 2
Ok this is the thread to talk about strings tell string storys and which strign you like or dislike. Here i s my story.

Ok so today while I was at school my mom got me new electric guitar strings. Well they were First act and they were there new kind so i thought the might not suck as much as the others. LOL they have some gimmick where it pulls your bridge all the way down like you constantly had your whammy bar down all the way.Well I said they might be good (mistake #2) I start to tune them (good luck with that) then when I finally get the bottom E tuned it unraveled at the post then broke. Tomorrow mom is getting me GHS strings which I have had luck with. We are taking back the firstacts at least it came with a good pick.
Quote by ACG
Put scotch tape on your penis and icy hot on your balls

Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
What the hell does that have to do with freeing whales from pirates?
Last edited by Bama Jama at Sep 3, 2008,
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
GHS Strings FTW!!!!!!!
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
lol...failure. Ernie ball?
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
Quote by RU Experienced?
Screw that, Elixir is where it's at!

HELL YA.
LARGE TEXT
d'addario, can't go wrong.
08' Fender MiA Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Firewire Strings user here. to First act.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Shut up I burn my brain out at school every day and put it on reserves during the night so im running on nothing.
Quote by ACG

Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
Quote by RU Experienced?
Screw that, Elixir is where it's at!

Pffff, D'addario FTW
||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
I use Darco! Aus$10 a pack! Cheap & do the job!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
d'addario FTW!!!!
Quote by Rush_fan2112
i want to walk down the streets of a very large, populized city (one like toronto, or new york) wearing a wonder woman costume and eating a stick of butter

Quote by figsandbobo
I can eat a 16" no problem.
d'addarios here. and lesson:

NEVER BUY ANYTHING THAT SAYS FIRST ACT ON IT, IN IT, AROUND IT, OR NEAR IT.
Don't talk to me about bad luck with strings. My D string on my acoustic snaps. I replace it. Snaps again. My E string on my bass snaps, which is weird because I thought it was indestructible. Then my D string my my Strat broke.

All in one day. I was mega angry.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
yea I tried getting elixirs she said i couldn't get anything $10 or over
Quote by ACG

Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
Dean Markley Blue Steeellllsssssssss
98% of people have read that stupid 98% teens and alcohol sig, put this in your sig if you like getting hammered.

Thats it.
Quote by Bama Jama
yea I tried getting elixirs she said i couldn't get anything $10 or over

*glides hand across sleek strings*

You're really missing out man. Got them nanoweb coatings and urverythang.
Whenever I buy strings I just get Ernie Ball, in the intreast of diversity, what is it that you guys like about Elixer and the others that were mentioned......And, "cuz teh pwn" isn't the type of answer I'm looking for.

*prepares to read "cuz teh pwn" a million times*
Quote by Cockpuncher 2.0
Whenever I buy strings I just get Ernie Ball, in the intreast of diversity, what is it that you guys like about Elixer and the others that were mentioned......And, "cuz teh pwn" isn't the type of answer I'm looking for.

*prepares to read "cuz teh pwn" a million times*

It's got a coating on it that makes doing slides fingergasmic, retains its tone well, bending is easy, really only need to replace them once it loses its flare from aging. I was thinking about trying some Ernie Ball Super Slinky's once I kill my next set of strings though.
I get the XL's....Though I just tried some Dunlop Zakk Wylde strings again. My fingers now hurt.
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
Quote by RU Experienced?
It's got a coating on it that makes doing slides fingergasmic, retains its tone well, bending is easy, really only need to replace them once it loses its flare from aging. I was thinking about trying some Ernie Ball Super Slinky's once I kill my next set of strings though.

I tried the super slinkies once, I didnt mind em, althugh I havent tried a whole lot else, I think i may pick up some Elixers when i am done with the ones I have now, which at this rate(I played for three hours tonight ) wont take too long, plus i like to toy with tuning....thats usually when sh¡t breaks on me
i use GHS boomers, lately i've switching between them and the new dunlops, i find d'addarios are too bright and slinkys just aren't bright enough for my liking

string nightmares: i own a Jackson RR3, floyd rose bridge, seriously the high e snaps ona fairly consistent basis
Quote by Cockpuncher 2.0
I tried the super slinkies once, I didnt mind em, althugh I havent tried a whole lot else, I think i may pick up some Elixers when i am done with the ones I have now, which at this rate(I played for three hours tonight ) wont take too long, plus i like to toy with tuning....thats usually when sh¡t breaks on me

dont tune so fast. you cant just crank the tuner and expect the string not to break?
if thats not what you're doing you may want to get a new kind of strings.
I prefer DR to be honest lol.
My Gear
Jackson RR5
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Marshall MG10 : Deaceased
Esp Ltd Ec-50
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop wah
Marshall Avt 50x
Quote by landerson
dont tune so fast. you cant just crank the tuner and expect the string not to break?
if thats not what you're doing you may want to get a new kind of strings.

I remember the first time I tried to restring my guitar I snapped the high e string "tuning" it. I was pretty pissed off
Quote by Bama Jama
Shut up I burn my brain out at school every day and put it on reserves during the night so im running on nothing.

Most other UGers go to school as well and are still able to type coherent sentences, so there goes that excuse.

Seriously, you don't have to be a grammar expert, but if you want us to read what you write, at least do us the courtesy of making it readable.
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
I don't like the b string. Never could get it in tune. B string must stand for Bitch string.
Someone plunged a dagger deep into God's chest and
When he groaned it laid our entire civilization to rest
When he pulled out the dagger and marveled at the pain he could create
We stuck another in his back to seal creation's fate
D'addarios here, too.

If you're going to buy strings, make sure you buy top quality strings. The price difference between high quality and low quality strings is so minimal that you should never buy low-quality strings.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Last edited by Smokey Amp at Sep 4, 2008,
If you repeatedly have a certain string break, you may have a problem in the bridge, nut, or tuning post. That happened to me, and my e kept breaking at the bridge. So I checked it out, and sure enough, there was a little nick in the metal sticking up and ripping strings apart (don't ask me how it got there) so I went in with an icepick or screwdriver (can't remember) and popped it off. Fixed!

EDIT: Oh, and Ernie Ball Regular Slinkys for me. Why? Cuz I once read that Angus Young used them, and I used to have a man/guitar crush on him. Also, they're fairly cheap and sound alright, so I'm not changing. But I may try the Elixers...
Quote by terryguitar
GROW UP WE DONT NEED 2 CHEAT WHEN OUR KIDS ARE BEAUTIFUL

Quote by blynd_snyper
Ummm, petrol? Nip down to your local petrol station, buy a litre of the stuff and soak your balls in it, light them up and start playing with them.
First off, what are you like 8? You're mom buys you strings! Oh and D'Addario FTW
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
Quote by PopMasterFlex
I don't like the b string. Never could get it in tune. B string must stand for Bitch string.

Demitri Martin ftw.

On another note, D'addario strings are well.
Ernie Ball's for me,
Quote by Våd Hamster
''I'm gay''

*Awkward silence*

''Actually, I'm just a vegetarian''

*Silence*

Dad- ''Same thing.''
Page 1 of 2