I need to know another tuning. From low to high:

Db Ab Db Gb Db Db

How do I tune to that and what's it called? I'm trying to learn "Waking Up" by 10 Years.
Question not yourself. Challenge those who would deny you your true self for an independent thinker is the greatest enemy to those who seek to control you
How do I tune to it though?
Question not yourself. Challenge those who would deny you your true self for an independent thinker is the greatest enemy to those who seek to control you
Find a Db. Power Tab, Guitar Pro, internet, piano, on a string other than the one you're tuning, whatever. Just find a Db.

Play the Db.

Using a pick, or a finger, or your dick, pick/pluck your 6th string. Turn the appropriate tuning peg in the appropriate direction until the note that is resonating from your 6th string is indentical in pitch to the Db you found and played earlier.

Repeat the process with the other strings and other notes.

am i a jackass yet?
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
Last edited by ramm_ty at Sep 3, 2008,
I have a piano, but it's out of tune.
Quote by ramm_ty
Find a Db. Power Tab, Guitar Pro, internet, piano, on a string other than the one you're tuning, whatever. Just find a Db.

Play the Db.

Using a pick, or a finger, or your dick, pick/pluck your 6th string. Turn the appropriate tuning peg in the appropriate direction until the note that is resonating from your 6th string is indentical in pitch to the Db you found and played earlier.

Repeat the process with the other strings and other notes.

am i a jackass yet?

Quote by Vomit Rapist
Ah yes... the advanced technique known as tuning. Will I ever master it?

+1

There's a damn good reason the tuning thread is in the basics forum y'know.

Go here in future.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.