Ok it just came to me, but i've got some questions too.

I'll buy a squier strat, probably just a black one.

then, i want to beat it up so it looks something like john's guitar in this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEgUUTkqRRQ

Should i use sandpaper and just sand where i want the marks? what kind of sandpaper?

then i want to change the pickups. something vintage and not too hot sounding that get me in the ballpark for john's tone, but i want them to be versatile pickups that can handle stevie and jimi stuff too. recommend me some?

lastly, i'll change out the electronics to high quality ones, and put on a fender neck (ego issue ).

thanks let me know what you think
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
buy mine its missing everything you're going to change. take a look at my thread, the updated pics are on page 2
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
I have a set of vintage noiseless in my MIM strat, they can handle pretty much anything, start with about 80 grit sandpaper, then work your way down so 80,100,120,180,200 or something along those lines. the higher the number, the finer the paper. that should do the trick. and if it doesn't come out right, well its still a relic. one thing that will help is cigarette burns on the headstock, like Eddie van Halen and Clapton
Also smash it a bit. Use the jack to put dings in it. Chip up the top of the headstock a bit. Belt buckle scratches on the back.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.