I need a way to remove vocals from Metal songs. (I was going to do Children of Bodom, Death maybe another band)

In my Music Appreciation class we were studying Vivaldi so we listened to a small section of Spring. (I was well acquainted with Four Seasons and other Classical pieces beforehand) Towards the end of the section, the violin parts reminded me of Metal a little bit so I mentioned to my teacher (who is also my assist. band director) that a lot of Metal is reminiscent of this piece. He said maybe I should bring some to show the class (Though they're all ignorant to near any form of music besides Rap) and I knew that the vocals would be distracting so......any help?
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
i don't know that theres a way to do this well. there are programs out there to remove it but usually im pretty sure they also screw up other parts of the song. you could go get one of those programs and try it out but some of em are $$ etc. it would be better off to just keep the vocals imo.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

We just use a CD player......I wanted them to hear the original to show how similar scales are used and such while playing in a different style. Can Audacity at least obscure the vocals a bit?
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
im no audacity know all but i havnt tooled around with it enough to remove the vocals. as far as i know you can remove guitars or just keep the channel to the left or right. i remember hearing/reading something about vocals just being on the frequency that would screw up too much to make em worth removing. bring in the youtube vid.
Quote by nolifeXD
im no audacity know all but i havnt tooled around with it enough to remove the vocals. as far as i know you can remove guitars or just keep the channel to the left or right. i remember hearing/reading something about vocals just being on the frequency that would screw up too much to make em worth removing. bring in the youtube vid.

We use a CD player. There is a computer but the speakers are so weak you wouldn't be able to hear it at all from the teacher's desk and over random comments people will make. I'm definitely going to mention it to my teacher and I'll probably show him some other time.

EDIT: I'm fighting a losing battle....One day someone brought a Hardcore band to listen to. It was "not music, that's screaming"....So I brought One Winged Angel (video game music played by an orchestra), a soft Opeth song, a Death instrumental and some Symphonic Metal.....That all sucked. Someone put in some Michael Jackson then they wouldn't shut up until we played Thriller then they wanted it off as soon as the song was done.....Then one didn't even know what Death Metal was. (I knew what it was when I HATED Metal like 6 years ago.) I'm would bring Rap but there's a no profanity rule so I can't bring my favorite rappers...
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Sep 3, 2008,
well if you wanna download the youtube video theres all kinds of ways to do that. Then its just a simple matter of converting to mp3 and then burning to a CD right?
Quote by Daryl_Summers
Malmsteen.

Yea, my friend told me to bring Blitzkrieg next time.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I remember seeing a thread where some guy figured out how to do this really easily. I think all he did was keep his headphone jack half-way in or something
I remember that one....I think I was banned at the time so I couldn't celebrate. I ****ing did this today too! I plug my speakers in to my computer and my sub barely makes any sound and it took me forever to figure it out.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
What is this?!

Edit:
Quote by RU Experienced?
I remember seeing a thread where some guy figured out how to do this really easily. I think all he did was keep his headphone jack half-way in or something

Hahaha, no way, I think that was me. It's a small internetz.
I didn't know I swear!

Seriously, I haven't had Audacity in forever. Thanks, I'll give it a try.

(It be downloading as we type)
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I'm still such an Audacity n00b.....I can barely use it...
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls