Alright, so I've been slowly but surely replacing the things that need replacing on my Epiphone Les Paul Custom. I've got a DiMarzio Tone Zone in the bridge, threw in a phase switch on the bridge volume pot, and today I picked up a DiMarzio PAF Pro for the neck. The only thing that concerns me is the orientation of the pickup. With the Tone Zone it was easy - the poles with flathead screwdriver slots are nearest the bridge. However, all 12 of the poles on the PAF Pro have what look like Allen wrench holes, and so I can't really line it up according to how the stock pickup was positioned just by looking at it.

Is there a way to tell which way it should be oriented? Does it matter? I assume it does, and I guess I could put it in and if it sounds funky just flip it around, but the less trial and error I have to do, the better.

Thanks.
On the dimarzio website it says that it makes no or very little difference which way to put it in. it matters for pickups like the D sonic that have different coils on half the pickup.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Quote by bean-o
On the dimarzio website it says that it makes no or very little difference which way to put it in. it matters for pickups like the D sonic that have different coils on half the pickup.

or if you were going to coil split. but ya, it shouldnt make much of a difference.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Alright, thanks guys. Probably should have checked the DiMarzio site before, but at least now I know for the future.

Much appreciated.