long story short, my parents found a drum set (they dont remember what kind) that was in a house that caught fire, the drums didnt melt but they are smoked up kinda bad,
my question to you Pit is do you think they will still be playable?
im getting them sometime between now and early next week.
there isnt a drum forum on the site so i just put this in the Pit since it is the most visited part of the forum. i will move this to another place if needed.
smokey drums.......................that sounds cool so they must work
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
WHY THE HELL DID YOUR PARENTS GO IN A BURNING HOUSE TO GET A DRUMSET THAT MIGHT NOT WORK

seriously....
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

If the sets messed up, i'm sure some of it will still work, so you'll have at least half a kit.
Quote by caskettheclown
haha funny.
it was a kitchen fire that smoked the house up and they went in long after the fire stopped.

Yeah but what about the original owner of the drums? And WHY were your parents going through someone elses house even if it was burnt out?
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by caskettheclown
haha funny.
it was a kitchen fire that smoked the house up and they went in long after the fire stopped.

Oh. So what your parents actually did is robbed someone's house.
Quote by breadstick
So your parents just go through burnt houses scavenging items?

haha that wouldnt suprise me,
actually the house belonged to someone that my mom knew or something like that, she originally went there to dig up plants but somehow found drums in the garage.....i think my parents are on better drugs than i am haha
Quote by caskettheclown
haha that wouldnt suprise me,
actually the house belonged to someone that my mom knew or something like that, she originally went there to dig up plants but somehow found drums in the garage.....i think my parents are on better drugs than i am haha

So did the house owner die or something?
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by Brain245
Oh. So what your parents actually did is robbed someone's house.
no they had permission ....
Quote by breadstick
So did the house owner die or something?

yes actually, not in the fire (like i wished) but everything was left to the kids who let my parents take w/e they wanted basically (except sentimental things)
They'll definitely need new heads, but should otherwise be fine. The plastic heads would definitely have melted in the fire a bit and gotten all warped. If you can shell about about $60ish for a new set of heads and find someone to put them on there or show you how to do it, then you'll be all set.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
The heads, the skins, the part of the drum that you actually hit. The right heads will make the drums sound really great, so do whatever you want there. Just ask for recommendations at a store, the guy at the store recommended me some Reno heads and they sound pretty good for not that much. If you want to cheap out, you don't have to spend as much on the heads on the other side, those are there for resonance.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
thanks everybody, ill post pictures and keep everyone informed when i get the drum set.
if i get it all cleaned up and workable idk if i wanna sell it or actually try and learn the drums. any suggestions?
I've taught myself, and I know quite a few beats but my rhythm is a bit lacking. So if you want to actually get good then I'd suggest at least a few lessons.

Oh, and when you go to the store make sure to get some tips about tuning the drum heads so it won't sound like crap.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
definitely learn how to play, even if you don't intend on joining a band on drums. it gives you a MUCH better understanding of how to work with a drummer once you've actually done it yourself. My bass skill increased tenfold after i learned to play drums.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
alrighty then, ill keep the drums for a while and if i like them ill keep them but if i cant stand it ill sell it.
ill most likely keep it knowing me, i just dont want to buy new heads for it.....bah!
best things in life are free but maintenance is hell!
Having old crappy heads made it impossible for me to learn for some reason. When the drums don't sound like a drum set, it's hard to learn to play it like a drum set. Once I got ahold of a tight kit with tuned heads, i was able to pick it up right away.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
What's the harm in taking it? If it sucks burn it.

Also, tell your parents to stop being scavengers of peoples livelyhood.

That kit was probably some kids who got it for christmas and was just starting to get good.
If it still belongs to them, leave it there. Other than that go for your life, it could be awesome. What's the harm in taking something that's free.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.