Use Google a lot, go to GC, go to a piano store. I'll find some books that are decent later, I'm going to bed though.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
theres a book by michael miller thats pretty good, its called " the complete idiots guide to music theory". worth a look.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Yeah, the 'This isn't the right place for this thread' book.

It's great.

Get chord books and theory books.
There are some basic theory lessons on this site. Just go to a bookstore or a music store, they should have music theory books.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Yeah, the 'This isn't the right place for this thread' book.

It's great.

Get chord books and theory books.

im tired of all you thread placement complainers on the forums. you all have autism.
and this is the pit so you can put whatever the hell you want here
Quote by Dgfduck
im tired of all you thread placement complainers on the forums. you all have autism.

actually, the pit has RULES, you cant do anything you want here, its for discussion of non-guitar related subjects, this thread belongs to "musician talk" forum
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
Quote by mikeyElite
theres a book by michael miller thats pretty good, its called " the complete idiots guide to music theory". worth a look.

Actually, I have that book, and the idiot's guide to...Improv, I think? They're pretty good. I have another that's good, but I can't remember the name.

Idiot's guide stuff is always good.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Quote by Dgfduck

Cry me a river cocktease.

The pit is for ANYTHING NOT COVERED BY THE OTHER FORUMS.

Lern 2 riid nub.
Quote by Dgfduck
you all have autism.

STFU.
Time Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year
If you can find a music theory teacher or class. I found that it is easier when someone teaches it then when you do it yourself.I am taking a music theory class and the stuff I studied in the summer before the class started was explained in an easier way for you to remember
Quote by the_extremist00
actually, the pit has RULES, you cant do anything you want here, its for discussion of non-guitar related subjects, this thread belongs to "musician talk" forum

Yeah I acknowledge that. It just feels like every thread I read someone is complaining about its placement
Quote by SchecterC-1+Man
Actually, I have that book, and the idiot's guide to...Improv, I think? They're pretty good. I have another that's good, but I can't remember the name.

Idiot's guide stuff is always good.

yeah i picked it up from my local library a while back and ended up renewing it a few times, pretty good read.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by Dgfduck
Yeah I acknowledge that. It just feels like every thread I read someone is complaining about its placement

I got an idea.

Deal with it Nancy.
Quote by Dgfduck

Read the rules, come back. The Pit isn't a do whatever you want forum, especially when there are actual forums relating to this exact topic.

EDIT:
Quote by Dgfduck

You should read better threads.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Last edited by brandon369852 at Sep 3, 2008,
Quote by Dgfduck

because lots of people just post things in the pit without caring if there's an entire forum dedicated to their subject.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!