okay, long story short, i convinced my mom to help me buy a new guitar. I dont know how much for sure, but she will likely spend in the range of 800 bucks. i have enough money to go up to about 1500 bucks, but would like to spend in the range of 1000( including my moms money)
Now I play classic rock stuff like led zeppelin and rush, i play blues and some metal. I'm getting more and more into classical stuff though...

but i'm looking for good clean tones, but can put out nice distorsion, and heavier sounds too.

Basically I'm pretty sure i want an MIA strat, but i want other suggestions, i dont want to waste this opportunity.
98% of people have read that stupid 98% teens and alcohol sig, put this in your sig if you like getting hammered.

Thats it.
I have a Gibson SG ( great for Zep and ACDC) and it can manage some blues.

For metal, rock, AND blues, I would suggest an HSS setup.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
its been said about half a billion and a half times but seriously, go to the store, and try out all the guitars in your range that looks like it puts out clean tones with metal. (HSS)
or just try them all. lol
^ Yeah really. Ask the guys at the store. They know better than us, they do that shit for a living man.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
you also don't need to get a guitar that expensive. if you find a cheaper one that you like, why not?
Better suggestion. Find a good luthier like seriously blow your mind god of guitar techs good. Buy the MIM strat and have him set it up and maybe do some fret filing to get it perfect. Should cost $200 tops. Next get some custom pickups of your personal prefrence and have your luthier install them at the same time youre getting the perfect setup done and he will give you a price break $250 tops for that. After all is said and done you will have better than a stock MIA strat for about $150 less. Third if that idea doesnt appeal to you because you want the made in america on the headstock you are buying the guitar for image or because you are not happy with your current ability (who is) and think a more expensive guitar will somehow make you a better musician in which case you are throwing money away for no reason. And another thing, no matter how expensive it is how proud can you be of a guitar you didnt earn for yourself.
no my guitar right now sucks really bad. it has a hump in the neck and every note above and including the 15th fret buzzes bad. i had my guitar teacher/tech look at and that's exactly what it is.

i was originally gonna get an MIM, but since my mom is helping me out, i'm gonna get a better one. because if i dont get the good one, i lose out on that money anyways.
98% of people have read that stupid 98% teens and alcohol sig, put this in your sig if you like getting hammered.

Thats it.
What equipment do you have currently?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com