Hey all!

I presently have a JSX and I'm looking to get a 2nd head. It wouldn't necessarily be my main or backup head, just a second one to play on and so that I'll have two in case one farts on me during a show.

I gig regularly, so it'll need to be durable and road-worthy. I'm in a ska/pop-punk/alternative band (think along the lines of illScarlett, 311, etc). So cleans are important, but I like to be able to get just a smidge of grit out of them. I absolutely love the crunch channel on my JSX--the amp is worth owning just for that one channel. But I would like something versatile so that if I ever get in a high-gain metal mood I can jump right into it. My influences: sublime, nirvana, silverchair, muse, 311, foo fighters.

I use effects loops. Reverb isn't important but would be an added bonus.

I'm running a 212 with vintage 30s, and for pedals I tend to use my nova delay, bf-2 flanger, and mxr phase 90.

I'm budgetting between 1500 and 2000. I'm ok with used purchases. I live on PEI, in canada....meaning i rarely get to test out gear without buying it first. Any advice would be excellent.

Thanks!
Quote by guitarinchris
Hey all!

I presently have a JSX and I'm looking to get a 2nd head. It wouldn't necessarily be my main or backup head, just a second one to play on and so that I'll have two in case one farts on me during a show.

Sounds like a backup to me. Idk what to recommend tho.
See if you can find a used Boogie Mk IV
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Quote by gwitersnamps
See if you can find a used Boogie Mk IV

You beat me to it, +1 on the used Mark IV Head. Or even a Mark III might be good, as some people prefer the Mark III's rhythm channel to the Mark IV's.

Or if your incredibly lucky, a used Mark IIC+ head, for the godliest lead tone ever created.
Quote by Highwaytohell
For that much money you could get a BETTER amp than the JSX... (and use the JSX for backup!)

Haha, yeah, I agree with you there.

I'll definitely look into Mesa Mk IV's. Thanks for that!

I thought about Orange--is there a particular orange model that would suit my tastes?