so there is no 64 bit version of itunes for Xp.

thus i have to switch to something else. any recommendations? must be able to sync with Ipod.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
PS if someone knows how to make winamp "rip on CD insert" it would help.
every key
every secret

There actually is a way to get iTunes to work with 64bit XP. All you have to do is download the installer for the 64 bit Vista version of iTunes and edit a couple numerical values in some of the installer files. I don't have any of the specific instructions on hand right now, but I'll try to dig it up. In the mean time, just google "iTunes on 64bit XP" or something like that.

edit:

Ta-daa

iTunes and 64bit XP

Follow those instructions to a T if you want to use iTunes. You can skip the iPhone stuff if you aren't actually going to be syncing a phone.
Last edited by happytimeharry at Sep 4, 2008,
thanks a lot. im not really concerned about the iphone. i have an 80g classic that i'd like to use with x64 XP. silly apple.
every key
every secret

Yeah so if you follow all the steps up to where it starts to talk about the iPhone drivers, you should be fine. It seems like a lot, but it's really quite a quick and easy process. The longest part is just downloading all the various programs you will need.

And yeah, I don't know why Apple didn't include x64 edition with their 64-bit support. Damned Mac Nazis...