my volume knob has been wobbly lately so i opened up the back of my guitar and saw that there is a loose piece. the circle silver piece on the bottom left when i move my volume knob around that also moves around which could be a problem since its attached to all the wires,

should i mount it down or something to stop it from moving and how would i do that if thats even the right thing to do?
my guitars
Esp LTD H500 with duncans
schecter C1+ (electric)
martin DX1 (acoustic)
johnson (crappy strat. knock off starter guitar)
I don't know what kind of guitar it is or how the knobs are but when my strat knock off tone knob got loose i popped it off, saw a nut was loose, tightened it, popped the knob back on and it was fine.
under the plastic knob is the nut to be tightened, like said.

slip off the plastic knob, hold the pot from underneath while tightening,

slip plastic knob back on. in a few cases the plastic knob is locked on with a tiny screw on the side of the knob.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
the guitar is my ESP, it has metal knobs
my guitars
schecter C1+ (electric)
martin DX1 (acoustic)
they still pull right off, unless there;s a little screw holding them on the stem.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

its hard to pull off... am i supposed to really pull it hard? i dont wanna mess anything up with the electronics and wireing
my guitars
schecter C1+ (electric)
martin DX1 (acoustic)
is there a little hole on the side of the knob?

if not it'll pull off. you can wedge a thin sock or rag under the kob and pull it off like a sling shot.

example of a knob that locks...
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Knobs/Dome_knobs/1/Dome_Knobs/Pictures.html#details
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

the knob does have a hole on the side but there is no screw in it, and it never had screws in it, neither did my guitar before that... there is just a small hole there
my guitars
schecter C1+ (electric)
martin DX1 (acoustic)
You might not be able to see the screw. Try sticking a small flat head screw driver in there and see if you can't find it.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
i just found out that it;s an allen screw instead of a regular one, hopefully i can find a small allen wrench
my guitars
schecter C1+ (electric)
martin DX1 (acoustic)
Last edited by andy3391 at Sep 4, 2008,
yeah, that's pretty common as far as knobs go.

hardware stores have tiny allen wrenches. take the guitar with you if you're unsure.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

i found an allen wrench i my tool box, even ones that were smaller than i needed... now my knob is nice and snug thanks for the help
my guitars
schecter C1+ (electric)
martin DX1 (acoustic)
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62