sorry if this is in the wrong forum i cant think were else it could go. is it just me or is musical equipment getting expensive i saw in a magazine a footpedal for distortion at 200 pounds what a rip off and a 20 watt combo for 1400 pounds its getting ridiculas or am i being cheap
You're only being ripped off if you buy from there. Bottom line, they're salesman, what do you expect, they have to pay for advertising expenses among others somehow... You gotta shop for the best deal, not just buy on first sight.
Being cheap isn't a bad thing man, its being smart, its your money... It's ok to splurge once in a while, but not all the time... you make it sound like being cheap is a bad thing... Also, I think this is the wrong thread for this kind of topic =)
Quote by rastaman12
What do people usually do after they **** their sisters?
I'm getting ripped off - when I went to the states I picked up a pack of strings for $2.99USD. The exact same strings back here are the equivalent of $8USD - though I just found them cheaper for around $6USD.
Si
I guess it should be noted that a lot of shops do not sell at the RRP, quite often I'll recieve 20-25% off the tagged price. Additionally price is affected by demand and import costs/taxes.

All that said, it does feel like we're being raped (I'm from Aust), but you can find a good deal usually if you're willing to barter and shop around. And if all else fails, go to the US and splurge :P
Quote by AlanHB
And if all else fails, go to the US and splurge :P
(NZ here) Yeah when I was there I filled my suitcase with strings.
Si
Quote by bainsy911
sorry if this is in the wrong forum i cant think were else it could go. is it just me or is musical equipment getting expensive i saw in a magazine a footpedal for distortion at 200 pounds what a rip off and a 20 watt combo for 1400 pounds its getting ridiculas or am i being cheap

Wrong forum.

If it the 20 watt combo was a Cornford then no, it wasn't a rip off.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by bainsy911
Learn these terms:

1. Inflation
2. Capitalism
Quote by bainsy911

believe it or not, decent musical equipment is cheaper than ever... I suggest you ask someone who played guitar in the 1960's how many week's worth of wages a Fender Strat was...

I started 20 years ago, and the difference between what you could get then for your money, compared to now is huge... seriously... guitar players have never had it so good...
out of here
how much would a set of roto pinks cost??
i buy it for USD 6.42 here....