I can not believe I am seeking real advice from the Pit, but here goes.

So I'm in my final year of high school, and I wanna go to uni next year in Australia, and since I live in New Zealand I have to pay upfront. Small problem; I have only about $400 in my savings account and about $200 cash. That's not exactly gonna pay much.
Then comes the variable of my parents. They say that they're happy to pay for me, and they can afford it. My only problem is that I've had issues with my parents (particularly my mother) for years, mostly to do with the fact that she's a control freak b*tch. If I let them pay for me, I know the money's gonna come with a lot of other conditions.
I don't have a job (I actually need the time to work for my exams right now) and I don't have much valuable stuff to sell, so I can't do that either. I'm going to get a summer job, but even then I don't know if I'll have the money.

What do you Pit monkeys suggest I do? Please, no "kill your parents", "drop out now" or "become a gigolo"-type threads cause I'm actually looking for semi-serious advice.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
are you able to apply for a scholarships, financial aid or student loans? its pretty much what anybody who isnt rich does.
gap year+bartending= casual wages, tips, experience, do uni in 2010
ps what uni? you thinking bout?
Blackstar HT 5
George Dennis Spitfire 2x10
LTD GL 200M
Agile Ghost III
Warmoth SSS Tele with Floyd Rose
Ibanez Artcore AM73
I <3 Arcade Fire, Rainbow, Dungen, Muse, Pink Floyd, Def Leppard, Kate Bush etc.
ROCK OPERA!!
UG Rock Opera tracks
How much do you need? Looks like you're gonna have to get creative and work from home. Yes you can make money online but it's going to take a lot of research (never buy anything) I suggest you start googling
http://forums.digitalpoint.com is a good start.
Quote by kezzaguy
why do you have to pay upfront because you live in New Zealand?

F*cked if I know. I'm gonna find out if I can take out a student loan to pay to come over there. Scholarships aren't really in the picture cause I don't have a problem with financial hardship but I'm not really that great a student (I'm good, but not scholarship material).
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales