I am leaning towards the ESP but they are built pretty much the same way minus the pups. I would like to know the quality of the guitars if anyone has played them. The SL2H I played were great but I am taking the ebay risk on getting one for half the price. How does the LTD play?
quality wise i'd say they're either identical or the jackson edges out the LTD. (USA model jacksons are killer)

i havent played either of these models but i've played a few other USA jacksons and i love them, ive played M horizon something or other i think it was once and that was really nice as well but the jackson felt better to me.
the SL2H is a killer guitar, MIA. The LTD plays nice, but it's not in the same league as the SL2H. A better comparison would be a real ESP MII or something along that line.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I'd personally go for the LTD. I just prefer the feel of ESP/LTD necks over Jackson necks.
Quality wise, the Jackson kicks the LTD's ass in all ways. You're comparing a high end MIA with a mid/high level MIK. As Erock said, they're both nice, but the Jackson is in a whole other league, much higher than the LTD.

Out of all mainly metal guitars I've played, Jacksons have been the best to the date. But well, that's just for me.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Man, there's no contest here.
The Jackson OWNS the LTD.

As in: the LTD is not even allowed in the shadow of the SL2H.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by Erock503
the SL2H is a killer guitar, MIA. The LTD plays nice, but it's not in the same league as the SL2H. A better comparison would be a real ESP MII or something along that line.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well if I cant get the Soloist for anything under $1000 on ebay I guess I'll just go with the LTD but ya I liked the soloists I played a lot as well, I just wanted to know how the esp plays. Since its a good guitar I guess it would be a good purchase for the budget I have.
I had a LTD and it is a killer guitar, really great neck and is plays nice. Like said above better comparison would be with the MII (which I have at the moment, but I haven't played that Jackson).