HEY guys, what is up? Well, I've been saving up for a WHILE NOW. Actually for about 4 years (funny story behind this, ask and I'll tell) haha, well, I have enough for any guitar I want around $1,799 is my limit.

Here is my analysis on these guitars, please reply.

I'm looking at a ESP MII neck through (The black with rosewood seems a bit boring to me, too metal?)

the ESP MII with maple neck (I thought it looks cool, but I wonder if the maple fretboard is to 80's?)

Ibanez RG2570 (The textured silver finish is a bit odd to me, I'm not a fan of the sharkfin inlays also)

Ibanez RG3520Z (Nice, the abalone stripe down the middle is not my style however)

Jackson SL3 ( Nice guitar, not a fan of the inlays or headstock. I wonder if this guitar is too 80's)

OK, am I just way to ****ing picky? Because I AM extremely anal in day to day life...I Just cannot choose, I have played all guitars and all feel great...They all have their positive qualities as far as playability, but what responses can you guys give me based on their looks? Do you agree with my analysis of each guitar? THANKS

oh and yes, im into many styles of music from metal to alt. to classical to contemporary. I am mostly into metal/shred currently, with my idol being Jason Becker
Last edited by noXreflection at Sep 4, 2008,
I gotta ask...

Right then, what style of music do you play?
I reckon the top option. Black and rosewood looks beautiful! The others all seem to have bigger problems to you.

Nothing is EVER too 80's!

damn, you edited while I was typing.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
You seem to have problems with all of the guitars you mentioned. If I were spending that much, I would find something perfect.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
personally, i think youre way too picky on the looks but thats just my opinion. i usually prefer to be more picky with the sound and playability but i guess looks can be just as important
Quote by ub3r_bassist666
You seem to have problems with all of the guitars you mentioned. If I were spending that much, I would find something perfect.

Yeah this guy's right. I mean, for that amount you should look into something that you just fall in love with. It seems like either:

-You're too picky
-You can't make decisions
-You're afraid of spending such a large amount and that's why you make excuses for all your options for guitars

Look around till you find what you really want.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by ub3r_bassist666

+1. Dont spend a grand and a half or more on crap. Keep looking until you find the guitar that speaks to you. With that much money, u should be able to purchase something decently good.
My Gear:

82 Gibson Explorer
Ibanez '03 JEM7VWH

Greg Byers '01 Classical (Euro Spruce bent top)
Darren Hippner 8 String Classical (Engelmann Spruce)
Alhambra 4P
Taylor 614ce
Framus Texan se. # 5/196

Diezel Herbert 2007
Mesa Recto 2x12
Okay, so i've been looking at a couple of guitars on the net, mainly the Ibanez sa36fm, rg360gx
, jackson kelly 3 (black) and the B.C rich assasin.
I'd like to know what guitar would be the best to buy out of these, even though im not buying
one just yet.

(background info)
i've been playing guitar for about 4 yrs, only own a classical guitar and hybrid acoustic with roand cube rx amp (the new one with sterio speakers and crappy drum machine)
Songs I can play (*=can play solo for):
I can play until chourus of cannon rock *
aces high*
master of puppets
cemetary gates
cowboys from hell
rime of the ancient mariner
hallowed be thy name
laid to rest
tornado of souls
five magics
...and heaps more, im not gonna list all of them.

Oh and u can recomend another guitar if u wanna; my price range is around $1000-$1200 australian bucks
^ Dude you are totally trying to hijack my thread man. You can't do that shit bro, you'll get f'ed up man. Haha jk...

HA, you guys are right. I am picky. Funny thing is, no guitar out there "speaks" to me. Every guitar I find that is NICE, has some flaw I dislike. The only PERFECT guitar I have found to love, which is discontinued, which I dread, that I did not purchase when it was made is the......dah dahdahdah, Ibanez RG3120 is Twighlight Blue. ****, that guitar is ****ing sexy.

Thank you guys for your responses lol, especially's EveningsCows, hehe, I love your analysis of myself I will keep looking however, nothing currently is perfect for me, and I don't ****ing feel like waiting for NAMM 09, which nothing cool will probably come out anyway. It just sucks that a sexy guitar has to have Sharkfin inlays (Im sorry, but these are so 80's and seem so immature to me, I love Dots), or another sexy guitar has to have ugly colors of the body. Seems like they will get one thing right for me but then put a feature I totally despise. Hmm....next option is Custom, but now thats shit is ****ing Expensive.....
www.ibanezrules.com

you can probably find that RG3120 in there.
My Gear:

82 Gibson Explorer
Ibanez '03 JEM7VWH

Greg Byers '01 Classical (Euro Spruce bent top)
Darren Hippner 8 String Classical (Engelmann Spruce)
Alhambra 4P
Taylor 614ce
Framus Texan se. # 5/196

Diezel Herbert 2007
Mesa Recto 2x12
Get a Carvin made to your specs; both Jason Becker and Marty Friedman used to use one!
Quote by Mwoit
Get a Carvin made to your specs; both Jason Becker and Marty Friedman used to use one!

I was just gonna say go custom. If you don't find anything that seems perfect to you, get a perfect guitar made for you. Carvin, Schecter, and others have custom shops you can try out.