For some reason my roomates friends decided to comeover to listen to me play guitar and it seriously brought some good sh*t in tonight or at least interesting things. This greenday/blink182 guy came in and started playing like brainstew and stuff and told me that greenday is the best band ever. so like without saying a word i just picked up my guitar and played the solo to cowboys from hell and he was like " yea im not into that sorta stuff but its hard to play...but greenday is still cool" ahha it made my day when he said that. then i started teaching this girl how to play some chords and it was the cutest most pathetic thing ive ever seen. but it still made me smile cause she was like feeling my fingering hands and totally amazed at how calloused it was

so any stories so far? all you guitarists in college. btw i know theres plenty of threads like this but im just curious if theres anything interesting that happened to you all recently
Gear:
Ibanez RG2ex2
mega distortion md-2
Metal Muff
Marshall MG microstack
Line 6 spyder hd75 halfstack
Sonic Stomp
Schecter Damien 6
wow, you're really cool for being able to play the cowboys from hell solo. I'll bet that guy left thinking "wow, that guy's really cool for being able to play the cowboys from hell solo."

Go ahead and pat yourself on the back.
Wtf? She stroked your hand?? Weird.

I bet that greenday guys crying in his weed cause you played the cowboys from hell solo.

not.
Makin love, makin love for two, makin love for two minutes... When its with me you only need two minutes... cuz I’m intense

Proud owner of the Anti Gnome Extermination Confederation.

Give me a yell if you wanna join!!!
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
wow, you're really cool for being able to play the cowboys from hell solo. I'll bet that guy left thinking "wow, that guy's really cool for being able to play the cowboys from hell solo."

sarcasm dosent work on the net
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
LoL well i was trying to play other stuff too... patpat*
Gear:
Ibanez RG2ex2
mega distortion md-2
Metal Muff
Marshall MG microstack
Line 6 spyder hd75 halfstack
Sonic Stomp
Schecter Damien 6
Why flame him for playing a solo when a guy played Green day?

Surely the point of getting together with a guitarist and playing together is to show conflicting styles and see the best of them?

Metal has more technicalities whereas...Green Day...Punk? No idea. Have a brilliant Rhythmic fluency to them.
yer the touchy feely hand feeling shit was a bit much though
Makin love, makin love for two, makin love for two minutes... When its with me you only need two minutes... cuz I’m intense

Proud owner of the Anti Gnome Extermination Confederation.

Give me a yell if you wanna join!!!
Quote by Slinov
Why flame him for playing a solo when a guy played Green day?

Surely the point of getting together with a guitarist and playing together is to show conflicting styles and see the best of them?

Metal has more technicalities whereas...Green Day...Punk? No idea. Have a brilliant Rhythmic fluency to them.

we're not flaming him for playing something different than the greenday guy, we're flaming him for trying to show off to disparage a person who he thought had bad taste in music, and then come here and brag about it like we'd all agree with him.
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct

i love you
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct

Jesus Christ...
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Cowboys from Hell?

Duuude, if you want to pick up chicks or impress a guy, try 'Cowboy Gay Sex'.

You'll get waaay further.
I think playing your own original stuff might have been more impressive. My 2 cents is having your own catchy tunes is the only way to really "own" someone. Great song writing is way more impressive then just shredding away at scales to me.
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
Stop failing, and things will work out.