I recently got a 7string guitar, and i really want to incorporate it into my band. We're playing mostly covers.

We have some gigs coming up and i want to use it at them. What are some songs that you guys would suggest that we could play?

I sing and play guitar, we have a bassist and a drummer.

Remember! it needs to use a seven string!
Use the searchbar man, there have been countless threads like this.
But anyways:
under a glass moon,dark eternal night-dream theater
almost every nevermore song
deftones etc.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
I love it when people buy specialty instruments without knowing what they're going to do with them.
yeah, you should look on wiki, all korn is 7 string, some steve vai, meshuggah has 8 string they surely have 7 string too, some chimaira and some of triviums stuff is too.
Quote by Arbitror
I love it when people buy specialty instruments without knowing what they're going to do with them.

thats what i was thinking! what the hell does he have a 7 string when he doesn't know what to do with it.
Oh I dunno, when I first bought a six string, waaaay back in the annals of time, I didn't really know what I was doing with it.
Y'see, I'd bought a guitar to learn how to play it, and it would have been pretty difficult to learn how to play guitar without actualy owning one.
Quote by jefffelker40
thats what i was thinking! what the hell does he have a 7 string when he doesn't know what to do with it.

What are you talking about?
It's just a guitar with an extra bit of range, all he's asking for is songs that include the 7th string
That's hardly 'not knowing what to do with it'.

Edit:
He told everyone specifically that he wanted to start incorporating 7-stringness into the band, are you people stupid for the sake of it?
Quote by Retro Rocker
What are you talking about?
It's just a guitar with an extra bit of range, all he's asking for is songs that include the 7th string
That's hardly 'not knowing what to do with it'.

Edit:
He told everyone specifically that he wanted to start incorporating 7-stringness into the band, are you people stupid for the sake of it?

are you a dick for the sake of it? what i'm saying is i don't think i would spend extra money on a 7 string and then wonder what bands incorporate this extra range, but hell, some people have money to throw around first and ask questions later.
Quote by jefffelker40
are you a dick for the sake of it? what i'm saying is i don't think i would spend extra money on a 7 string and then wonder what bands incorporate this extra range, but hell, some people have money to throw around first and ask questions later.

So how would you go about learning to play a seven string? Would you buy one to learn on and ask people questions about it or would you just have the occasional go on one whenever you had the chance and hope you pick it up that way?
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Sep 4, 2008,
I've always wanted to play The Glass Prison - Dream Theater but never had a seven string. I played it once with my friend who's a really good bassist and my other friend who's an absolutely killer drummer, big Dream Theater fan, and I played it without seven strings. But once we got to the sweeps I exploded. /tangent

So I'd take advantaged of that. If you can't play some parts then just play the backing chords.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Normally you buy a seven string because there's a band you like that use them and you can see all the advantages. I almost bought a seven string, but realized I'd be forcing the lead guitarist to buy one or down-tune too.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
So how would you go about learning to play a seven string? Would you buy one to learn on and ask people questions about it or would you just have the occasional go on one whenever you had the chance and hope you pick it up that way?

I'd make sure i knew what the **** it did and if i could ****ing use one before i bought one, my point is clearly stated, there's not much learning that goes with it, bit if you don't even know what bands use one, or what it's really for then what the hell?
Quote by jefffelker40
I'd make sure i knew what the **** it did and if i could ****ing use one before i bought one, my point is clearly stated, there's not much learning that goes with it, bit if you don't even know what bands use one, or what it's really for then what the hell?

The more aggressive you act about being wrong, the dumber you're going to look.
I bought it to play dream theater stuff. But my band isn't good enough to play dream theater. and we don't have a keyboard player. I can play the stuff, but i just don't know any songs on my seven string that will work with my band.
The Glass Prison would work well minus a couple of bits, and if you were to play it you would get kudos for attempting it i think
Quote by jefffelker40

Jeezus, all he did was ask for recommendations for who to listen to in his study of seven string guitar.
The point is, he's learning which bands use them and 'what the **** it did' as well as how to play one and anything else he wants to learn about seven string guitar. Why the hell would anyone have a problem with that?
Your point is clearly stated alright, it's clearly stated that the only logical reason for your negative reaction to someone else buying a seven string and trying to learn a little background about it by asking questions is because you're jealous.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Sep 5, 2008,
thanks symmetry for the song. i know that song pretty well and i love it. i think we'll try that out.

and thanks slacker for defending me.

to jefffelker, i can play my seven string very well. i borrowed a friend's before getting mine, so it's not like i bought it on a whim. i just wanted some other artists or songs to look into that were less advanced for my band. and symmetry gave me a song i already knew, but i didn't know it used a sevenstring. that's all i asked for.
Check out Fear Factory, Divine Heresy, Meshuggah (older stuff), Unearth, Threat Signal.
Quote by Sonic Blast
thanks symmetry for the song. i know that song pretty well and i love it. i think we'll try that out.

and thanks slacker for defending me.

to jefffelker, i can play my seven string very well. i borrowed a friend's before getting mine, so it's not like i bought it on a whim. i just wanted some other artists or songs to look into that were less advanced for my band. and symmetry gave me a song i already knew, but i didn't know it used a sevenstring. that's all i asked for.

my point is why can't you google it. and fyi i wasn't attacking you, i was frustrated retro retard attacked me, i made an offhand remark and i am sorry if you took it wrong, it did look bad actually, you can find a list of almost every person that uses a 7 string searching wiki, good luck.
Last edited by jefffelker40 at Sep 5, 2008,
Quote by jefffelker40
my point is why can't you google it. and fyi i wasn't attacking you, i was frustrated retro retard attacked me, i made an offhand remark and i am sorry if you took it wrong, it did look bad actually, you can find a list of almost every person that uses a 7 string searching wiki, good luck.

Teehee

Reported, stop being a wanker.
Quote by Retro Rocker
Quote by jefffelker40
mumblemumblemumble retard!
mumblemumblemumble wanker!

Ladies, step AWAY from the handbags.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Sep 5, 2008,