I'm toying with the notion of getting a 6 stringer. I already have a five string schecter studio. I just wanted to get my bass buddies thoughts on these two. I won't consider a new amp at the moment either. I play out of an ampeg BA-115 and I play most things like rock, metal and getting into random stuff

here is the ESP

and the good ol' grind
Quote by Arbitror
Grind. Neck-thru is the way to go with 6-strings.

Tru Dat

Not to mention, the Grind looks SO much cooler.
Quote by mwhan2209
Jesus Paul Jones and John Bonham.

What? I don't see a mistake in that sentence.
I like the looks of the ESP better actually, it's just I'm pretty sure the Peavey is the better bass.
Whatever, I actualy have no idea what im saying. I was just agreeing with you Arbitror because you look like you know what your on about.
Quote by mwhan2209
Jesus Paul Jones and John Bonham.

What? I don't see a mistake in that sentence.
grind. feels better. sounds better.

ESP, as you put it, just looks better.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Let's not forget that you practically thrive on Peavys, though....

Sorry. But, the grind looks like the better choice to go with, especially if it's a neck through.
ESP

why would neck-through make it immediately the best out of the two?
ESP makes really nice stuff.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Yes, ESPs are some good things, but for a bass with that many strings, a neck-through is going to help out alot.
Quote by goest
Yes, ESPs are some good things, but for a bass with that many strings, a neck-through is going to help out alot.

why? never had one: what's their advantage?

Only play nice looking instruments

Not saying the peavey is a bad instrument: I just think it looks fugly. And the ESP is really comfortable to play etc. can't think how any other can beat it. (unless they are 900+ ofcourse)
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
It helps keep it in tune and adds a sh!t-ton of sustain. And, it's easier to get to the upper registers because there is less of a heel to block your hand. That's why neck-throughs are usually the more expensive models.
Quote by goest
It helps keep it in tune and adds a sh!t-ton of sustain. And, it's easier to get to the upper registers because there is less of a heel to block your hand. That's why neck-throughs are usually the more expensive models.

so the only advantage is the sustiain?

Seeing as the high registers are on both equally easy reached and tuning shouldn't really be a reason to buy a certain bass. If you tune it once a day or once in 3 days what does that mather?
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Well, if you stick with your logic, than yes, the only advantage is sustain.
sustian vs the good looks and 5 knobs (which means more versatile eqíng on the bass itself?)
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by goest
You make a good point.

You sir, are a formidable opponent.

first time anyone on these forums ever appreciated me, thank you goest!
I'm so happy!
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
I would definitely look on eBay as well. I was going to get a Grind, but then I found a Yamaha JM6 for $550.
Of those I would get the ESP. A good bolt on is no better nor worse than a neck thru; I prefer the brighter tone of a bolt-on anyways. But I love the feel of a neck-thru instrument. The electronics and hardware look to be superior on the ESP, and good looks never hurt anything. That top looks delicious too
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by goest
Let's not forget that you practically thrive on Peavys, though....

Sorry. But, the grind looks like the better choice to go with, especially if it's a neck through.

The Grind isn't made by Peavey. It's made by an independant factory, that was discovered and since then marketed by Peavey.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
The Grind isn't made by Peavey. It's made by an independant factory, that was discovered and since then marketed by Peavey.

how in gods name did you know that? anyways they both look like good basses but if i could just suggest looking into the ibanez 6 string sound-gear. excellent playability, nice neck, and pretty good electronics. i got mine for around 550$ after a discount at samash new.
I may have to go with the ESP it does have active electronics so that may put my decision over the edge and it is a little over 50 dollars cheaper than the grind