Hey everyone

i dunno if this is the right thread but what the hell......

ummm i don't know wat the tuning is for drop C?
like normal is:

e
B
G
D
A
E

so whats it 4 drop c?

thankless!!!
Drop "x" means you downtune the 6th string to the mentioned note.
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

To Josh: How is it a dead tunning? So your also saying drop D is a dead tunning aswell? I dont know why your post bugs me alot. You might aswell say EADGBe is a dead tunning too.

Wait your a 08er. That tells me everything.
Guitars
- Schecter Tempest
- Epi LP Custom
- Ovation Acoustic
- BC Rich Dagger
Quote by suprfly

Amps & Effects
- B-52 AT-100
- Girlfriend (doubles as a Tube Screamer)
- Steve Vai Bad horsie 2

Quote by MightyAl
This strength is built and maintained by masturbation.
Quote by Down Shifter
To Josh: How is it a dead tunning? So your also saying drop D is a dead tunning aswell? I dont know why your post bugs me alot. You might aswell say EADGBe is a dead tunning too.

Wait your a 08er. That tells me everything.

well played sir.

drop C is cool for writing riffs but these days people tune to C and write on the A string (now a G string), why not just tune to D standard and write don't bother dropping your E (now D) to C.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Quote by Clancy 13
hey, whats the best metal tuning??

Drop F#

no really, whatever tuning you like the sound of, use it. Or if you're writing music go with what goes with your singers voice.
I think if the riff doesn't sound heavy in E or Eb or drop D, it's not good enough.
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
Low tuning =/= heavy or good. Cannibal Corpse's first three albums were in Eb, Metallica's old thrash albums were all in E, etc.

It's all in the riffs. Some people prefer to write in lower tunings, which is great, but it does not make music "heavier". It's all in the writing.
Last edited by CowboyUp at Sep 4, 2008,
some bands prefer the more grittier sound of a drop tune.
anyone that tells you that drop tuning is for poseur bands or its a dead tuning is a fu king loser.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by Clancy 13
hey, whats the best metal tuning??
Definantly Standard E. I could bore you all with an epic post why, but you can just take my word for it.
I find tuning a full step down to D stander to be a tuning for metal, It's what i used to tune to when i played metal.
Quote by demonofthenight
Definantly Standard E. I could bore you all with an epic post why, but you can just take my word for it.

+1, take his word for it.
what about drop b and standard b

also, i dropped the calibrations on my tunere to 410, so its like a really low tuning, but still standard notes..... any good?
B standard would be:
B
F#
D
A
E
B

From highest to lowest.
Gear List:
B.C. Rich NT Jr. V (With Seymour Duncan AHB-1 Blackout in bridge)
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Marshall MG15DFX
Jazz III picks
DR strings
Planet Waves Cables
Personally, I think d Standard is the best metal tuning, its low enough to be a little heavier sounding, but not so low its hard to play in or the have a singer sing along with.
Quote by BloodMoon666
Drop "x" means you downtune the 6th string to the mentioned note.

You also have to tune the rest of the strings down. If your in drop C, the E string is tuned to C and the rest are all tuned 1 step down. In drop B , E string is tuned to B and everything else is tuned 1 1/2 steps down. For A, Tune E to a and everything else down 2 1/2 steps.