hey there. i've just got hold of a big muff pi pedal. the pedal is a re issue and is completely black with green writing on it. it sounds good, but i've recently been seeing a different big muff around-the big silver one with red writing on it. i'm a bit confused as to what the difference is between the two. like, does one sound better than the other or what? any help would be much appreciated. thanks!
Sounds like you have the russian muff. The other one you are describing is the American reissue which is silver with red writing and a tad larger in size. The Russian is a tad smoother sounding and does not have as much sustain. That is the real difference but others can chime in. I have the russian and love it. I would not choose any other.
Quote by buzzzxx
Sounds like you have the russian muff. The other one you are describing is the American reissue which is silver with red writing and a tad larger in size. The Russian is a tad smoother sounding and does not have as much sustain. That is the real difference but others can chime in. I have the russian and love it. I would not choose any other.

thanks for the info man. yeah, it does say made in russia and must say, i do love the sound. was just curious really as i've never heard the silver and red one in action.