I'm getting an ESP MH-1000 guitar soon, and I have a roland cube-15
It's a great amp but I dont think it will be up to par, and also it isnt nearly good enuf to play on stages. I'm only talkin small gigs and it cant hear over the noise of the other instruments.

So basically I'm asking for a good metal amp. I play mostly in drop C. I Like playin bands like(Born of Osiris, As I Lay Dying, Bring Me the Horizon, Bullet For My Valentine, Darkest Hour, Lamb of God, Oh Sleeper) and b4 u say those aren't metal, whatever metalcore or whatever you wanna call it idc.

Also, I like sweep picking a lot so if theres an amp that is good for clean sweeps that would be great. And remember, it has to be on par with my ESP MH-1000.
Get Ibanez ! I got the 65 watt one and it's awesome. With any other amp I need my MetalCore pedal but not with this !
Ibanez amp is awesome, so what you got huh ?

Haha you have fender amp and you say Ibanez is rubbish for Metal. Also i tried Peavey and the Ibanez was way better
Quote by Eddie's'Waitor
Ibanez amp is awesome, so what you got huh ?

Haha you have fender amp and you say Ibanez is rubbish for Metal. Also i tried Peavey and the Ibanez was way better

This coming from a person that has a Boss MetalCore pedal?

Fender amps are proven to be some of the best in the world by the thousands of people that play them. Peavey are also great amps depending on what you play. Do some research, it'd do you good.
My metal is more br00t4lz than yours

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage
If you can stretch to it, a Peavey 6505
If not, try the Randall RG50 TC
ohai little sig.
Shit man you're nuts. Metal Core is great if you know how to work it. You have a Squier Strat and you're telling me I know nothing ?

Ok Fender amps are good but for Metal no way.
Eddie dude, please shut your tampon, cause there's only rubbish coming out.

If you have the money, go for a 6505 with a decent cab. Something with V30/V60/Greenbacks. Dont get the G12T75 speakers with it, because the amp totally does not like them.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Haha what have I done ? All I said is that Ibanez do some good amps.

You people are real nerds, hehe. Go back to World of Warcraft and Pokemon cards
well if you are going to buy that guitar i advise you not to buy a modelling amp like the ibanez and line6 digital ones(im not saying that they are bad i own an ibanez myself).
It also depends on your taste. you may want to buy a combo amp or buy an amp head and then an emulation cabinet.
For small gigs a good 50 watt should be loud enough, a 75 wouldn't be bad as well.

well, so you say drop C uh? ENGL amps have a pretty good bass and sustain capabilities. thats one option. Crate amps are good as well. Dime used one.

I dont know if you have a pedal like "metal muff" or something but if you do that would make the choice easier....
Quote by Eddie's'Waitor

wow I havent heard an insult like that since i left junior high...
ENGL
Peavey 6505

Or if on a budget - Bugera 6260
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Eddie's'Waitor

Oh dear, i have indeed been insulted. My lack of gear clearly shows that i know nothing about music, musical gear or infact tone at all. Wait, you were trying to justify a Boss MetalCore? It sounds good when you know how to use it? Tell that to the millions of people on UG that dont use it.

He's part of the reason UG is becoming worse than Harmony Central.

Seriously though, TS, look at the reknowned names of metal amps. Peavey, ENGL, Randall, Laney, Mesa. We could recommend more if we knew what type of budget you had.
My metal is more br00t4lz than yours

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage
Allmost anytime you can find something to suit your current needs within your price range.
As much as I hate modeling amps, if your price range is within 200-400 I'd say go with Line 6. For the price, they arent' complete shit. They are also pretty versatile. If you're price range is a little better, like 500-700, then there are some pretty decent amps out there. Peavey makes some good ones, and you could probably find a 6505 on ebay for around that price. I know Bugera's are around that price too, and they are sapposed to be 'amazing' but I've never played one. Once you get into the 700-1200 range there are a ton of companies that make great amps. Madison is one of them, their Divinity 2 head is increadible, and I got mine for 800 on Ebay. It blows me away! I think if you can afford anything more than 1200, just get an Engl...
I think you get the idea now...
Quote by J.J.G.
. Crate amps are good as well. Dime used one.

*facepalm*
If its within your budget get a Krank rev jr and a Overdrive pedal, i personally use a stock TS9. I have As I Lay Dying's tone NAILED! And can get a killer modern meltalcore tone.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
hmm...I checked the Peavey 6505 and keep hearing it has a EVH tone...I mean i like EVH bt not the tone im lookin 4...
Quote by Flariduh
hmm...I checked the Peavey 6505 and keep hearing it has a EVH tone...I mean i like EVH bt not the tone im lookin 4...

Haha. No amp gives only one tone. The reason you're coming up with EVH stuff is because the 5150 (the little brother of the 6505) was endorsed by his name.

But seriously; the 6505 is the the metal industry standard for amps. Try one out.
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
Get the peavey 6505. It is a brilliant metal amp. Seen many local bands use them.

btw Bring me the horizon play in drop b.
oh wow nvm, one of my favorite guitarists (kris norris) uses the guitar head! So if I got that what should I play it through?
Quote by andy_h04
btw Bring me the horizon play in drop b.

Yeah I kno, I just MOSTLY play in drop C. Specially wen I'm writing music.
Quote by Flariduh
oh wow nvm, one of my favorite guitarists (kris norris) uses the guitar head! So if I got that what should I play it through?

Ahh ive seen a few guys use the 1960av? i think. the one with the celestion v30's
i wasn't to keen on my 6505+ through a marshal 1960av the only time i was really happy with sound was when i used someones mesa cab with it sounded imense for that one gig. but the 6505 series are awsome amps