ok im fresh new into guitars i got my good friend to help me out on picking a guitar n da only advice was to avoid da squier which i did but my sisters ex-boyfriend didnt go with his advice n actually bought one n turns out my friend was right everything bout it just completely sux, but anyways i did wht he said n i ended up purchasing an ibanez guitar n my question is if its even a good guitar or anything cuz all i hear are ppl hating on squiers n loving da les pauls n gibsons n wht not but no ones said anything on ibanez so im starting to think if i picked a crappy guitar
if anyone can tell me how good or how bad an ibanez guitar is in ur opinion or in anyway id really appreciate it cuz i really wanna get good at playing my electric guitar
so if anyones got an opinion on da guitar i bought im all ears'
You get great Ibanezes and you get shit Ibanezes.

If you're just starting out it's not something to worry about though, I know I couldn't have known the difference between a £1000 guitar and a £100 guitar when I was starting out.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
oooo ok so is der anyway to figure out if da one i got is good??
cuz it was a starter package dat it came in and da amp is three times or even 4 times bigger dan my sisters ex's amp (pardon my grammar)
Quote by starter359862
oooo ok so is der anyway to figure out if da one i got is good??
cuz it was a starter package dat it came in and da amp is three times or even 4 times bigger dan my sisters ex's amp (pardon my grammar)

Do you enjoy playing it?

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
I am guessing that if you got a starter pack one, it was about $150, at that price level whether you go ibanez or squier(which is probably the most popular starter guitar) it really does not matter, the most important thing is having a guitar you feel comfortable with that you can learn on. And personally speaking when you are first starting out playing guitar it is probably better to start on acoustic so you can develop a better ear.
-hmmmm dats da thing i seriously dont know squat bout how to play it but im trying as best as i could researching all da chords n listening skills n anything i can dig up but i tend to mess around wit it a lil more den actually practicing lol

-n yeah dat was my thinking to(bout an acoustic first) but no it didnt cost 150 more like 300 T.T n it came wit everything needed n stuff i didnt know i needed but it was ether dat or a squier
Sounds like a nice guitar to learn to play with then.

When you get better, you'll want to get a better guitar (I've been playing for 3 years with the same POS Strat, and have only just bought a better guitar), but for now I'm sure the one you have will more than suffice.

Enjoy learning to play

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez