you mean a slider to a toggle switch?

you need a drill.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
you mean a slider to a toggle switch?

you need a drill.

yes thats the one . is it possible to get it done professionaly?
anything is possible.

if you don't mind the umm, extra slit, visible on either side of the new toggle, and if there's a large enough cavity for a short toggle, it' should be hard at all.

you just like the look better?
because there's no other advantage that i can see.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
anything is possible.

if you don't mind the umm, extra slit, visible on either side of the new toggle, and if there's a large enough cavity for a short toggle, it' should be hard at all.

you just like the look better?
because there's no other advantage that i can see.

yeh i like the look better hate the look of sliders lol. can u make the hole for the toggle bigger so theres no slits on either side?
nah, a toggle hole is just large enough for the stem to poke thru.

then there's a plate, maybe you can add a rhythm / treble disc on the outter most of the toggle to cover more.
but you'll also want to leave those two screws in the screw holes, either end where it used to hold the slider onto the guitar.
you would leave the screws or fill and paint the holes and any slit outside the disc or cover.

this again, depends on the pup cavity room.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
nah, a toggle hole is just large enough for the stem to poke thru.

then there's a plate, maybe you can add a rhythm / treble disc on the outter most of the toggle to cover more.
but you'll also want to leave those two screws in the screw holes, either end where it used to hold the slider onto the guitar.
you would leave the screws or fill and paint the holes and any slit outside the disc or cover.

this again, depends on the pup cavity room.

whats a rhythm/treble disc? lol
ahh, you might see one on an LP. hang on ill find a pic.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
ahh, you might see one on an LP. hang on ill find a pic.

ok sweet thanks
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PRWA030/

you can see they have black washers and who knows maybe it would look better without one anyway.
cause the schecter is contoured. maybe it wouldnt lay flat.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

yeah but i think it's not going to work because the guitar in the pic is too curved.

and the disc wont lay flat.

but you can fill and spot paint. i doubt anyone would be able to tell unless close up.

maybe a small black, plastic washer. that would probably work.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
yeah but i think it's not going to work because the guitar in the pic is too curved.

and the disc wont lay flat.

but you can fill and spot paint. i doubt anyone would be able to tell unless close up.

oh its not the same guitar as in the pic i was just using that as an example. its the shcecter c-1 blackjack atx (which is probably curved aswell but if u can look it up and tell me if it could fit or not thatd be great
i'm sorry i wouldnt be able to tell you for sure. my old C1+ used to have a toggle.

if it's anything close to this then you'll probably have to be creative with rubber washers and whatnot.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
i'm sorry i wouldnt be able to tell you for sure. my old C1+ used to have a toggle.

if it's anything close to this then you'll probably have to be creative with rubber washers and whatnot.

heres a pic of it
Attachments:
c-1 blackjack atx.jpg
well looks pretty flat to me too. but again, i can't tell you 100% exactly how it would look when complete and the room in the pup cavity.

there's going to be drilling, and holes will need to be filled.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
well looks pretty flat to me too. but again, i can't tell you 100% exactly how it would look when complete and the room in the pup cavity.

there's going to be drilling, and holes will need to be filled.

ok thanks for your help