Oh geez... idk. Alot of years have been awesome and still continue to be awesome.
"If its the audience whos a bit lagging we just kick em in the nuts till they wake up!"
Bruce Dickinson-Iron Maiden

My Gear:
RG 2? (its white with EMG's)
Crate GT220, 120 watts of absolute awesome!
1970, the year that the first Sabbath album came out. So really, as that is more or less the first metal album, that's the most important. As for taste, 1983.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Webb, you're such a disgraceful noob...

Edit: Like a week or two ago - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=941331&highlight=year
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Did you mean to say "BOP IT!"?

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Wow, that's a really tough one. Right now, I'd say it's 1984, in my opinion. Here are some reasons.

Ride The Lightning came out, and killed people.

Bark At The Moon by Ozzy was riding high, establishing Jake E. Lee as a bona fide guitar demon. (maybe it was late 83, though, not sure.)

Slayer put "Haunting The Chapel" out there, featuring the classic "Chemical Warfare".

Van Halen put out its' last great album (and last album altogether) with Diamond Dave (although, that's not exactly "metal" by today's standards), "1984".

Iron Maiden put out Powerslave, and I love it! Aces High is "an obvious opener" in the words of Adrian Smith (guitarist of Maiden, next to Dave Murray).

Rising Force by Yngwie Malmsteen was released!

Death and Morbid Angel began death metal that year.

Motorhead put out "No Remorse".

Anthrax put out "Fistful Of Metal" (I believe that was their debut LP).

The Mark II Lineup of Deep Purple returned (Ritchie Blackmore and Ian Gillan sharing stages again after about a decade) and put out Perfect Strangers.

Celtic Frost puts out their debut LP, "Morbid Tales".

Dio puts out his second (my favorite, too, by far) album, The Last In Line. Vivian Campbell was God for 41 minutes and 51 seconds that year!

Possessed release the album "Death Metal", with Jeff Becerra starting the death metal scream.

Judas Priest puts a solid album out, "Defenders Of The Faith".

Megadeth were formed and working on "Killing Is My Business...And Business Is Good".

'84 was the year that metal took the world by storm and established an enormous foothold on music. '84 was when it really took off. (This is JUST MY OPINION! PLEASE DON'T BASH ME FOR IT!)

That year was incredible. It also gave slow rise to a little band from Texas, later to be recognized in 1990, called Pantera!
It is my lifelong mission to bring grunge back for a few more years.
Quote by Ardius
1980 in England would have been a great time to be around for metal actually.

For sure
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by Ardius
1980 in England would have been a great time to be around for metal actually.

Heaven and Hell AND British Steel...
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
and goddamn Angel Witch

Anywhere between 1979 - 1985 in England would've been awesome

Quote by darkstar2466
Heaven and Hell AND British Steel...

and ..<takes a breath>, Iron Maiden, Lightning to the Nations, Ace of Spades, Wild Cat, Angel Witch, Wheels of Steel, Head On, Stand Up and Fight.....
you're missing White Spirit, Stagefright, Ethel The Frog, Demolition and The Witch of Berkeley

My Birthday..
1986, epic year, reign in blood was released..
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
1984 imo. For the same reasons Eruption Rocker said, particularily Ride The Lightning
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Iiiiiiiiii, don't want to dieeeeahhhhhhhhhhnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!111111

God I love that song. If you haven't listen to the vocal track isolated on that section.
Holy shit, big question.

Uhm...

Somewhere between 1992-1999 because of the amazing black metal and progressive metal/rock that came out.

If I had to pick one specific year...1995. Most visitors to the Opeth thread will understand.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
1987. Death- Scream Bloody Gore and Carcass's Reek of putrefaction. Two amazing debuts from two of the most influential bands of modern metal.
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Holy shit, big question.

Uhm...

Somewhere between 1992-1999 because of the amazing black metal and progressive metal/rock that came out.

If I had to pick one specific year...1995. Most visitors to the Opeth thread will understand.

Orchid.
I don't want to think about nuclear holocaust right now. I have better ****ing things to do with my life than be incinerated.