Ok guys, so my birthday is coming up soon (Yay me!) And my loving father said that he can get me one guitar for no more than 500. So, im trying to decide between these 2

Laguna LE524 HH

OR

Ibanez RGR421EXFM

I mainly play Metalcore/Metal with every an every now and then Punk rock-ish Riff. And i know any guitar can get any sound with the right equipment, but i just wanna know wihich one you guys tink is overall the better the guitar. So if some pros and cons and all that junk, and well, you get the picture

Thanks Guys!
Last edited by SMB13 at Sep 4, 2008,
I read some reviews about the Laguna (and played it some). If you love guitars or music (or your Dad) For the love of god, DON'T BUY IT. Horrid.

Just go with the Ibanez, or try to find a slightly used ESP or Schecter for $500.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
I already have a Jackson V, and i love it. the KVX10 actually.

So, Ibanez then, huh? Should i get the one i mentioned earlier, or this lil beauty i just happened to find a few minutes ago?

Ibanez RG3EXQM1
The Ibanez RGR421EXFM is a nice guitar mate, I bought it earlier this summer. But do play it before buying it...
I planned on playing first, i dont wanna buy somethin i havend tried yet. Ive played the RG3 at Guitarcenter, and its a nice axe, but the action for the higher frets is a bit high.

Do you think you could gimme like a lil miny review on? like, how well it plays, how fast it is, action, etc?
that rg has a fixed bridge, right?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
just making sure, i couldn't find them on the ibanez website. the general rule with non-prestige rgs (at least in the current catalogue) is to avoid ones with a locking trem.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
So basically as long is its not a Locking tremolo, its cool to get? ok, sweet

now i just need to see if Darkmav replies about the mini review, lol
probably. obviously try it to make sure you like it, etc. and try similarly priced guitars too.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by SMB13
So basically as long is its not a Locking tremolo, its cool to get? ok, sweet

now i just need to see if Darkmav replies about the mini review, lol

The mini review? Sorry, I missed this

Here it is

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eg_page2008.php?area_id=2&data_id=1047&color=CL01&year=2008&cat_id=1&series_id=53

PS--it has two EMG (passive) humbuckers pickups and a three way selector, and yes a fixed bridge
Thats probably true, though I'm satisfied with the pickups. I guess you already have a good amplifier to justice to this guitar. I have a practice amp, so no major kicks for me. I would suggest you get a really good amp if you want to have fun with this guitar.

As for the pickups, well, if you don't like them, you would probably be better off buying an Ibanez with better pickups unless you have a stronger reason to swap them on this guitar itself.