I think I'm pretty good at sweeps I just want some songs that have a lot of sweeps in there. I like to practice them and get better I just get bored of the same ones over and over. I know songs like No Boundaries - Michael Angelo Batio, the sweeping in Selkies: The Endless Obsession - BTBAM is real fun. Any songs that have a lot of sweeping and maybe some sweep tapping I'd appreciate it. I know someones going to say Seranna by Jason Becker, I learned some of it but the regular song just doesn't appeal to me, so I don't wanna do that one. Thanks!
there's already a thread for this in musician talk....

meltdown - vinnie moore
anything yngwie malmsteen
glasgow kiss - john petrucci

sweep improvisation - you
Just about anything by Yngwie Malmsteen or Necrophagist.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Alaska - BTBAM is really good to start off because it's not super fast shred speed sweeps.

Just keep playing over one arpeggio over and over, no matter how boring it gets.
Quote by MaXiMuse
Canon Rock

thnx I'm gonna check it out now

Does anybody have some with some 5, 6 string sweeps and some sweep tapping?
Nevermore - This Godless Endeavour, the ones in the bridge. Psalm of Lydia intro too.
Quote by GuitarKid61791

Necrophagist in general; all of their songs that I've heard have a lot of at least 5 string sweeps in them. Check out Stabwound and Seven at least, and possibly Fermented Offal Discharge and Extreme Unction.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
cant believe no1 said protest the hero

if u want crazy taps and lots of sweeps

'08 Ibanez S5470 Prestige
Gibson SG Special - discontinued teal finish
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
4x12 Mesa Oversized Slanted Cab
BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
Quote by deafening
cant believe no1 said protest the hero

if u want crazy taps and lots of sweeps

1980s Ibanez RG470
Epiphone G400
Peavey Vypyr 30
Vox DA5
Vox Cybaby Wah
Monster Cables
and Red Jazz IIIs

I donated 2020 grains of rice

http://freerice.com/index.php
SEARCH BUTTON.

Rusty Cooley: Under the Influence, Dominion, The Butcher, Dark Matter
Outworld: Riders
Nevermore: This Godless Endeavor, Final Product, The Psalm Of Lydia
Jason Becker: Serrana (:p Altitudes, Perpetual Burn
Cacophony: Concerto, Speed Metal Symphony
Dave Martone: Pigeon Walk
Francesco Fareri: Scenes
Necrophagist: Anything
Yngwie Malmsteen: Blitzkreig

Note: I don't necessarily mean the whole songs for these--some of them are currently untabbed and possibly some of the hardest songs in existence (From a "shred" point of view, please don't start an argument saying that playing with feel is harder).
Quote by GuitarKid61791

The solo for soothsayer -bucket head has good 5 string sweeping with incorporated in .

My Favourites
Rob Marcello-Old school
Jason Becker- Temple of the Absurd, Mabels fatal Fable (incredible sweeping)
Cacophony- Savage, Sword of the Warrior
Last edited by Jimi-is-god at Sep 4, 2008,
When the Water Breaks by LTE (Liquid Tension Experiment). It's a 17 minute song with something like 11 solos and lots of sweeps. For those of your who aren't familiar with LTE, it's a side project of Mike Portnoy, Jordan Rudess, and John Petrucci featuring Tony Levin on Bass/Chapman stick.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by MulanoSG

I don't see how it's funny when it's a serious answer. Listen to Sequoia Throne.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Quote by MaXiMuse
Canon Rock

Sorry... but where I am... Canon Rock has become the green day of shred guitar.
hue
I don't see how it's funny when it's a serious answer. Listen to Sequoia Throne.

Dont you no its not uber 1337 to liek PTH lulz[/retard]
Call me Batman.