Right i got 2 options that could lead me to university(i already done one year)

1. Continue on to A2 level chemistry/physics/and computing
but i hate chemistry

this could lead me to a universtiy which is not all that special such as salford uni or sheffield hallam uni or even huddersfeild uni then i can do computer science as a degree or software engineering.

OR

2. I could stay in college for an extra year(3 year in total) so i leave college at 19 yrs old
and do maths/physics/computing/and a another AS level on my third year

so ill get alot of points and i can do maths and could open lots of options for me and also i can go to a good uni such as manchester universtiy and do computer science or something physics related.

what is the best option?

p.s. if i choose option 1 i can go salford uni and foundation course in computer science and move onto degree in that with 160 points(Very low points)
or choose computer science degree staright away but i need 240 points for that

option 2 = exams spread out over 2 years instead of 1 and can do good courses in better universitys
Option 2 definately
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
talk to your parents and/or a guidance councellor about it
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Do an extra year sounds like the best plan to me. Quite a few of my friends did and are much happier with better A-levels and at the uni they wanted rather than the crappy options they had previously.

Plus it's an extra year to make up your mind what you want to do, and earn money so you can live comfortably in that first year of uni.
All I got out of that was "Blah blah blah".
It's really up to you what you want to do.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Just as a word of warning, staying on an extra year isn't always that great an option, it may give you more choice because you have a greater variety of qualifications, but it can actually be limiting too. A fair few Universities will expect students who have done 3 years to come out with substantiallly higher grades than if you've only done two. I'm not for a minute suggesting that you may not be able to achieve them, but I suggest that you really start looking into what you want to do, where, and if they will a) accept you after three years and b) what grades they will want.

Also, you mentioned points, I know this from having just applied to Uni (I was considering staying on an extra year, but eventually decided to apply late), and many Universities won't consider the offer in terms of points, I got one points offer out of five...

Hope this helps.
PROJECT 84
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
The pit is not the place for questions like this.

Thank god you're not taking English.

Actually i got an A in english

and i dont care where am i supposed to ask these questions
Do whatever you want to do as it is your future at stake. I will say however, using the amount of points needed is not always a good base to judge how good a particular course will be. I went to Wolverhampton Univeristy. The institution as a whole is not very widely thought of as a good University but the History department is held in high regard and got high praise from the Uni equivalent of OFSTED. Also, if more people apply for the course then the standards get higher. The course itself might not be any better than the same course at a less popular Uni but you still need more points.
Quote by stilosguitar
Just as a word of warning, staying on an extra year isn't always that great an option, it may give you more choice because you have a greater variety of qualifications, but it can actually be limiting too. A fair few Universities will expect students who have done 3 years to come out with substantiallly higher grades than if you've only done two. I'm not for a minute suggesting that you may not be able to achieve them, but I suggest that you really start looking into what you want to do, where, and if they will a) accept you after three years and b) what grades they will want.

Also, you mentioned points, I know this from having just applied to Uni (I was considering staying on an extra year, but eventually decided to apply late), and many Universities won't consider the offer in terms of points, I got one points offer out of five...

Hope this helps.

thanks it did help
option 2

I did 3 years and its suprising how quickly it goes, and it relives a lot of stress spreading it out over a longer period of time.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
I would consider you fortunate just to have that option.
If I were you, I would choose to increase my future options.
In my opinion, having an increased number of future options equates to future success and ultimately future satisfaction.
Having a degree from a more prestigious University will also be a benefit, if only hanging on the wall for acquaintances to see (IMHO).
Well, it sounds like you'd prefer option 2. So do that. No point doing a subject you don't like and then going to a uni you don't want to be at.
i did option two. you should as well.

but that was because i ****ed up the first year so am noww completely retaking it.