so im considering buying a new guitar, more metal oriented, since im starting to get into playing it. i was considering this?
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RE2EX1-Electric-Guitar?sku=519783
what do you guys think? and no im not a gigging musician, with metal anyway, and a trem is not a must for me.
Quote by recklessnick
i googled hardcore about two years back hoping to find some wanking action but instead, i found comeback kid and i couldnt tell the difference

Quote by Saffron_Inferno
u have been molested...congrats.

Marshall MG30DFX
Standard Telecaster
'72 Deluxe Telecaster
no dont get an ibanez, get and ESP LTD or a Jackson instead

if your not bothered about a trem i reccomend an ESP Explorer, or and LTD EC-whatever because they suit non metal aswell.
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
quite good for price also it looks nice
it would look better with floyd rose or ibanez trem system in black

randy rhoads wipes most metal guitars out there, you pay extra but its worth it
i got a randy rhoads with floyd rose, dont regret it, only thing i put high action on it so its harder to play than guitars in shops but its better sounding

go for jackson randy rhoads if you can stretch your budget but this guitar is pretty good
If you are willing to spend a little more, try out a LTD EC-1000. The features, pickups, and overall quality make it one of the best "bang for your buck" guitars out there IMO.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
yeah get a jackson Randy Rhoads, they are the best metal guitar you can get (I have 2 lol)

The js30rr is the lowest priced one and is better than low end ibanez's imo
the rx10d is slightly better and has a trem
rr3 also has trem but is the best value for money
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
a friend of mine has one of those their nothing amazing but of course its only 300$
for the price its a great deal fantastic deal however if the money is there id recommend getting a little more expensive ibanez
but if moneys an issue that guitar is pretty nice for 300
although i still prefer my LP100 as its a more versatile guitar you can play pretty much anything except like rockabilly twanging stuff on it and its 50$ less and just as nice
but if you want metal thats better choice
My Gear:
Epiphone LP-100 Lefty Heritage Cherry Sunburst
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Line 6 Spider III 15W Amp
Korg AX3000G Multi-Effect Processor
Everybody needs to be quiet. This guy is trying to make up his mind on this guitar. It's solid as a brick, has very good pickups by stock Ibanez standards, a thin neck which is perfect to play.

SO STOP RECOMMENDING HIM OTHER GUITARS. He doesn't need them. For the price, that Ibby smokes everything else on the market.
my thing about the ec series though is that god ugly shape.
Quote by recklessnick
i googled hardcore about two years back hoping to find some wanking action but instead, i found comeback kid and i couldnt tell the difference

Quote by Saffron_Inferno

Marshall MG30DFX
Standard Telecaster
'72 Deluxe Telecaster
and another thing: how well do you guys think that ibanez would handle dropped tunings? as in, B?
Quote by recklessnick

Quote by Saffron_Inferno

Marshall MG30DFX
Standard Telecaster
'72 Deluxe Telecaster
^ Just fine as long as your using proper string gauge to accomodate for the tuning.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
yeah but with a high string guage i wouldnt have to get the little slits in the nut adjusted or anything? ive never really messed around with serious dopped tunings like that, forgive my lack of intelligence.
Quote by recklessnick

Quote by Saffron_Inferno

Marshall MG30DFX
Standard Telecaster
'72 Deluxe Telecaster
^ You shouldnt.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case