Hey, Musiciansfriend is having a great sale on the Crate V series amps.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=crate+v+series&st=

This sale aroused my curiosity about them, and now I have a few questions.

-Are they true tube amps?(Someone in the reviews said that his had no preamp tubes, but someone else says he had 3 12ax7s in the preamp )
-Are they decent/good amps?(reliability, tonal quality)
-What genres of music do the suit? Would they suit the stuff that I play?
-Does it work with pedals just fine?

Stuff that I play:
-Frusciante/RHCP(most important)
-Audioslave
-RAtM
-GnR/VR
-assorted classic rock(AC/DC, LedZep, Sabbath, Cream)

Thanks.
Last edited by RSX at Sep 4, 2008,
i guess they are still on sale?
yes all tube (i believe 2 power and 3 preamp on V18 for example
yes decent for price
should do what you play fine, especially with an OD pedal
yes, shoud take pedals fine

have i played one: No

someone else can take over tho
Damn! those prices are ridiculous
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
for $150 you wont beat the v18 price wise

it will handle the genres your looking for. just make sure to boost it. the amp is quite dark/muffled soundm which is a bit of a turn off but its a dece amp. great cleans(sorry forgot we were talking about the v18). passable gain channel(imo)
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
They are true tube amps
The are very nice amps, especially for the price
They are good for blues, classic rock and some hard rock (Essentially what you are playing)
And I believe the V33 has an effects loop
wow thats a crazy low price, here there is one on SALE for $750AUD ex demo haha. If I could get one shipped over for cheap I would get one
Quote by perception twin
wow thats a crazy low price, here there is one on SALE for $750AUD ex demo haha. If I could get one shipped over for cheap I would get one

You know you probably could just buy one off MF get it internationally shipped and it would cost less than 750 AUD...
they only do international shipping for some random brands as I have already checked, such as their own in store brand.. nothing "good". Most major brands have their own distribution chain to Australia so they wouldn't want MF undercutting everyones sales and cleaning up in our market :P
I think I want one of those v18 212s. Too bad I'm moving into a dorm in 2 weeks and I'll barely be able to get away w/ my Microcube.

Thanks for the info everyone.
must... resist
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by yeahyeah
must... resist

You know you can't!

Quote by RSX
I think I want one of those v18 212s. Too bad I'm moving into a dorm in 2 weeks and I'll barely be able to get away w/ my Microcube.

Lame! I cranked my Twin Reverb a couple times last year in my dorm.