i run a 1983 ibanez proline 1550 through a kustom dfx 100, and its sounds great but im looking for a pedal that will maybe thicken things up. i use the chorus reverb effect on my amp but its still sounds preety thin, any suggestions on pedals?
dunno about pedals but you could try heavyer guage strings, or raising the base side of you pups.
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
You could try a delay pedal set to a very short time delay and repeat.
Line 6 SpiderValve 112 - Strymon SV Pre; G12-K100
Ibanez RG Custom Built - Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz
Line 6 M13
does that guitar have humbuckers? or single coils? if it has single coils (like a strat) you might wanna think about getting something with humbuckers like a les paul or something. as for pedals, try an EQ pedal. raise the mids or low end a bit. or get an overdrive pedal.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Strings and set up are important. What are you settings on that amp? I know it has a USA/Brit switch for the lead channel and a bright/norm switch for the clean channel.

I own one also and I know that amp is very bass heavy and loud at 1 or 2 but after that it starts to max out and really push the mids.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
boost teh midz?
A mid-boost with an eq pedal? It helps my fat strat clone sound really beefy!
Quote by imgooley
boost teh midz?

In principal I agree with this but first we should probably know what your EQ actually looks like in the first place...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Try bumping your mids up to 5.

Does your guitar have singlecoil pickups or humbuckers?
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by BassCatcher
single coils and a bucker at the bridge

Then you absolutely need to pump your mids a bit, at least 5.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.