Would anyone happen to know of any instructional DVD's or anything that teaches piano step by step for my beginning phase? I already know how to read sheet music and I know all the notes on the piano/ a few scales, but I need to learn how to properly play. I also want to learn how to play while sight-reading, any idea of the best videos? Thanks in advance
Quote by buddha
isnt there a law against not shaving? thats somewere in our constitution. i think it goes something like a girl maybe be a freak in the sheets but no be wild down stairs is treason and for that she will be beheaded.-good old Benjamin F.

Get a drummer who also knows piano.

Works for me.

Seriously, have a look on eBay, or at your local music store.
Just out of interest, what kind of music do you play?
Quote by abstract pie
Ahh the pit. Where conversations of Pokemon Cards can turn into ones of wizard homosexuality

You are everything I want...
...'Cause you are...

...Everything I'm not.

Atheism. Is. Not. A. Religion.
Today's saints were yesterday's sellouts
If you want to learn properly, you're better off getting a proper tutor.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Piano for Dummies : D

It's what I got!
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
I am actually about to start learning piano as well! I'm really excited. I've taught myself a few instruments so I think I'll be able to do this too, but some sort of book would be great to start out.
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
Quote by StrayCatBlues
Get a drummer who also knows piano.

Works for me.

Seriously, have a look on eBay, or at your local music store.
Just out of interest, what kind of music do you play?

Well I've been playing Thrash, Metal and Death Metal guitar and also shred for the past 2 years, serious practice for the shred. I've gotten really good at most of the techniques but those styles just got really boring to me. And I've been REALLY into classical music lately, so I would love to learn piano for composing later on like I did with guitar.

EDIT: I can't afford a tutor, I'm living off of government money, really poor family. We're struggling just getting me the digital piano, but we've saved up for a while and I've been dying to learn it for the past 4 months.
Quote by buddha
isnt there a law against not shaving? thats somewere in our constitution. i think it goes something like a girl maybe be a freak in the sheets but no be wild down stairs is treason and for that she will be beheaded.-good old Benjamin F.

Quote by Harmonius
If you want to learn properly, you're better off getting a proper tutor.

+1.
I reckon you could get the basics down in 5 or 6 lessons, and maybe get a couple more just for good measure. It really does help.
Quote by National_Anthem
+1.
I reckon you could get the basics down in 5 or 6 lessons, and maybe get a couple more just for good measure. It really does help.

Read last post, no money for it :/
I can teach myself trust me, I taught myself guitar and I'm very resourceful but it's really hard to find videos for piano for some reason.
Quote by buddha

Quote by shakin'cakes
Well I've been playing Thrash, Metal and Death Metal guitar and also shred for the past 2 years, serious practice for the shred. I've gotten really good at most of the techniques but those styles just got really boring to me. And I've been REALLY into classical music lately, so I would love to learn piano for composing later on like I did with guitar.

EDIT: I can't afford a tutor, I'm living off of government money, really poor family. We're struggling just getting me the digital piano, but we've saved up for a while and I've been dying to learn it for the past 4 months.

Wow!
Good for you for taking up a new instrument, you won't regret it.
Also, Kudos for diverse taste in music.
Quote by abstract pie
Ahh the pit. Where conversations of Pokemon Cards can turn into ones of wizard homosexuality

You are everything I want...
...'Cause you are...

...Everything I'm not.

Atheism. Is. Not. A. Religion.
Today's saints were yesterday's sellouts