Learning on the internet, (UG) is how I would learn if I bought a bass, but I don't know many helpful sites, I mean apart from this, cyberfret bass and youtube I don't really have anything else, but I may be able to get a few books from my library if they have them. But with guitar, there are many sites I know which are quite helpful.
So guitar may be the easier answer, especially because I know the library has more books on it. Also, guitar, I think is better for playing at home, as I doubt I'll be in a band. So, basically I'm gonna be mainly a player at home, so is it worth buying a bass? Also, ever since I've known about it , I've always had a passion for bass, but I don't know, help!
It is always worth buying a bass. Especially if you do decide you want to join a band. You'll be more likely to get work as a bass player than as a guitarist.

And why not take lessons from an actual person? Or go to the music store and buy some theory books? Why all the cheap routes?
Quote by goest
It is always worth buying a bass. Especially if you do decide you want to join a band. You'll be more likely to get work as a bass player than as a guitarist.

And why not take lessons from an actual person? Or go to the music store and buy some theory books? Why all the cheap routes?

Well I don't have money for lessons, and I don't have a music storee near me unless Argos counts and I'd rather get shot in the balls than buy from Argos.
what do you want to learn about it which is not found here?

All you need to know is how to fret properly and pick properly. The rest can/should be done by yourself: by watching closely if you do it correct and just leaning stuff like theory and songs.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Play what you want to play. Who cares how many search results there are on youtube or whatever?

You know what would help you more than looking through websites? Getting an instrument, and playing it.
most people you will find are self taught tbh, lessons are ok if you want to go down that path but there is no reason why you cant teach yourself. If you need to learn things like slap then look on youtube for instructional videos etc, just learn songs you like and take it from there
So...it's more of a hobby than anything? In that case, you'd be fine just learning from this site.

Oh, and taking smb's advice will sure help.
and, well who knows, I might join a band, but I doubt it seeing as about 80%of my area listens to chav music.
It's always cool to have as a hobby. It gets the ladies

And what the hell is chav music?
Chav is a british term for

Council
House
And
Violent

and their music is like... erm... dance/rave, and I dunno, shit like that
Quote by NKF176
Chav is a british term for

Council
House