forgive me if im in the wrong part of the forums!

right, as part of my BTEC and stuff at school i have to right down good rehearsal techniques and stuff!
and iv got a few ideas like tune your guitar and stuff like that!
but, what is a really good rehearsal technique guide for even the most advanced player to follow?

thanks!

Gear:
-Tokai Les Paul Custom w/ Seymour Duncan Custom Custom & Pearly Gates
-Westfield B200
-Ibanez GRG170DXL

-VOX AD30VT
-Fender MD-20
-Marshall MG15DFX

Dunlop Cry Baby
-Digitech RP70
Quote by Felgate

right, as part of my BTEC and stuff at school i have to right down good rehearsal techniques and stuff!
but, what is a really good rehearsal technique guide for even the most advanced player to follow?

thanks!

a fantastic rehearsal would be:

everyone arrives, sets up and is ready to play ON TIME - instruments tuned

everyone has learned what they're supposed to have learned

you have a PLAN for the rehearsal... if you don't have something specific to rehearse, it's a waste of time

ONE person takes charge of leading the rehearsal... i.e. where to start from, which bits to go over... sometimes it's a good idea to go through the whole tune without stopping, other times it's handy to just go back and nail 8 bars or so

everyone is disciplined and patient... i.e. NOONE stands there playing when you're trying to talk, and if the person leading the rehearsal waves a tune to a stop, you STOP... no impromptu 30 second drum solo
out of here
Well, if I'm understanding your question correctly...

If you're playing a challenging piece, play some etudes which pertain to that piece. Eg, if it's a piece with lots of rapid arpeggios, play an etude which trains your arpeggios.
Quote by Felgate

thanks!

USE A METRONOME! And use it properly.