i just bought a brand new from the shop, Jackson dk2s online for £58 including postage. I think they got the prices wrong =). Anyway i was wondering if they can choose not to give it to me? If they do, what can i do to make them give it me? =D
they can back out of the sale up until they withdraw your money from your account.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
If they do you can say something along the lines of "Well your product was advertised at that price and I have matched that priced, it is not my fault your company made an error, if you refuse to send me the guitar you realise that's false advertising don't you? I have kept my end of the bargain by paying the price it was listed at and I expect a Jackson DK2 in return." Something along them lines, I forget what the actual law is but I know that where I work if something has been priced wrong then regardless of what actual price it is we have to sell the product to the customer for the price shown.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Link pl0x?
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
well they allready have my money, so does that mean they cant back out?? EDIT: BTW the Guitar has been taken off now..
Yup

Well, technically. However they can pursue a court order for you to pay full price if they can prove that the price was an obvious mistake that would not be likely to ever occur. Luckily for you they rarely do this as court fees are more expensive than the guitars worth.
Quote by Spudderz
well they allready have my money, so does that mean they cant back out?? EDIT: BTW the Guitar has been taken off now..

you mean it's been taken out of your account, or you've gone through the payment procedure?

the second one means jack, they have to accept your offer of £58 for the contract to be binding.

Quote by SurfinWithSatch
If they do you can say something along the lines of "Well your product was advertised at that price and I have matched that priced, it is not my fault your company made an error, if you refuse to send me the guitar you realise that's false advertising don't you? I have kept my end of the bargain by paying the price it was listed at and I expect a Jackson DK2 in return." Something along them lines, I forget what the actual law is but I know that where I work if something has been priced wrong then regardless of what actual price it is we have to sell the product to the customer for the price shown.

that's policy not law, as far as I'm aware. at the end of the day, no matter what you say, they're entitled to back out of the deal up until the contract begins.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Sep 4, 2008,
you mean it's been taken out of your account, or you've gone through the payment procedure? im not sure, but i gave my card details etc. to them.
Quote by Spudderz
im not sure, but i gave my card details etc. to them.

that doesn't mean anything really. that page is basically you outlining your offer and explaining how it'll be paid. until they accept that offer and take payment they can back out of the sale.

Imagine you were selling your guitar used and you wanted to sell it for £300 but on the advert you had written £30, someone sends you an email saying "I'll pay you £30 for it in cash I'll meet you at a place of your choice."

would you turn up and accept it? it's no different to what has happened here. there was a similar incident in the pit a few months ago where phone speakers were advertised as £0.00. tons of people put in their details etc.

how many do you think received their speakers?

Quote by element4433
i'm with lemon. most sites etc. say "E &OE" which basically lets them back out if they make an honest mistake. it's fair enough, to be honest, because of one simple mistake they could bankrupt the business...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?