So, I've started my GCSE Performing Arts (basically music but with acting) and my teacher said that with that we can have 2 FREE music lessons a week, but I can't decide what to do, I was thinking bass but then again I don't think there's much to that (please don't flame me bassists, I'm a bass 'noob: ) or piano/keyboards or maybe even saxophone or double-bass.

So any ideas on instruments to learn?
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Do you already play guitar?

If not, guitar, if yes, bass should be an easy transition.
Dude, go for violin and maybe doublebass...those will take you a long way my friend
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
Quote by OCDeity
Do you already play guitar?

If not, guitar, if yes, bass should be an easy transition.

I do, the thing is with bass, it doesn't seem much of a challenge
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Go for bass or double bass, both will help your guitaring out a lot!

EDIT:
Once you start playing bass properly, you'll realise there's much more to it.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Last edited by fortysix&2 at Sep 4, 2008,
i've always wanted to play saxophone. Just to look cool. If you don't play guitar though learn that. Although we would say that on this website. I also play piano though and i think i learnt the most about music and music theory from learning that. Piano and guitar would be my choice's
maybe try the kalimba itll get you very far
Quote by PrimalScreamer
Hey TS i just stole your girlfriends wallet and found what seems to be your balls inside.

Gear:
Guitars
Stagg H300 GBK
Framus Nashville
Samick Malibu
Strat/SG Faded Custom
Hopf Acoustic
Hopf Semi Acoustic
Amp
Peavey Deuce Series
I say violin and piano. Of course, if you know guitar theory, you can probably teach yourself piano...Fairly easily.
Ok, so violin and doublebass

v Exactly! That's what I've been saying (maybe not as well) for years, man!
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Last edited by SchecterC-1+Man at Sep 4, 2008,
Play bass. Trust me, from the point of view of a guitarist it seems like a boring instrument without any real flare, but once you pick it up it's actually loads of fun, especially when you get into slap stuff. Really, it's as interesting as you make it. If you don't challenge yourself with it, it will be boring. Playing stuff like Rush and Primus = assloads of fun. Playing root notes and other crap like that = self-inflicted torture.
I'd go for Saxophone and Piano personally although Bass would be good, providing you're not just playing the same stuff you play on guitar already, as that wouldn't be much fun
i'd really like to be able to play the sax, i say go for that
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

the saxophone is wonderful to play, it's really fun once you get the hang of it
You like it
bass.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Playing bass = not as boring as everyone makes out to be.

I prefer playing bass to my guitar, but I guess it's personal preference. I like to feel the groove, and the vibration of the instrument.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
I think I may do Saxophone and perhaps Double-Bass to do something different

Or become and one-man jazz band *Jazz hands*
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
I play saxophone and is the best thing in the world man, pick tenor, alto is for sissys(sp?)

TG
Fighting for peace, is like screwing for virginity

Screw you Waldo, go find yourself!!!!
I suggest triangle. If you can play a steady 16th note beat I owe you one e-cookie.
The Prime Factorisation of the number of the beast : 2x3x3x37