I have a nice new job with tons of money coming in and pretty much nothing to spend it on, so I'm thinking of upgrading my rig. Here's what I have now:

Amp: Crate VC50
Pedals: See Below
Guitar: Hand-Built Jem Copy (Getting Old)

I play a lot of heavier, more technical stuff and a lot of sweeping. So I'm thinking, what should I buy next. I know I need a new guitar, and don't want to spend more than $700 USD. What else should I get? Maybe a Weeping Demon??
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Special II [Heavily Modded]
Hand-Built Jem Copy
Rouge RA-100

Amps:
Crate VC-50
Epiphone Studio 10

Pedals:
DigiTech Bad Monkey
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss Noise Suppressor
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff w/ Top Boost
no to the weeping demon. it is a bad wah pedal. if you want a switchles wah, go with morley or the switchless Dunlop crybaby.

if you're into shredding, i would suggest something like a delay. maybe a DD-3. cheap, effective, does a nice clean copy.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Whats wrong with the demon exactly? I've heard nothing but good things...? And I do sweeping but also a lot of rhythm...and a delay would sort of kill my chords wouldn't it. Or could I buy a delay for when I sweep and shred and a suppressor/sustainer for when I'm doing chord progressions?
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Special II [Heavily Modded]
Hand-Built Jem Copy
Rouge RA-100

Amps:
Crate VC-50
Epiphone Studio 10

Pedals:
DigiTech Bad Monkey
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss Noise Suppressor
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff w/ Top Boost
Quote by Afyum
Whats wrong with the demon exactly? I've heard nothing but good things...? And I do sweeping but also a lot of rhythm...and a delay would sort of kill my chords wouldn't it. Or could I buy a delay for when I sweep and shred and a suppressor/sustainer for when I'm doing chord progressions?

tonally, they're weak. if you use tons of ditortion and delay, it's sounds ok, but IMO, a dunlop, Vox or morley wah would be better.

and delay doesn't always kill your rythym. i used to have one, and i set the delay to match the timing so it fattened up my chords when i did rythym. not good for all rythmic situations, but it can bring a fuller feel to your sound.

and your second sloution is pretty good. a good combo for that would be a Boss DD-3
and an MXR Dyna Comp. the dyna comp is one of the best "bang for your buck" compressors out there, in my opinion. but compression can sometimes make your rythym sound weaker, so make sure you figure out a good all around setting.

the Wylde Overdrive is also a cool overdrive with some compression in it. i really liked it, it was really different than all the "tubescreamer" clones out there.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.