That appears to be the traditional way. If it feels comfortable for you, then don't change it. I actually raise my index higher so my knuckle is not holding it, because that's what works for me. Do whatever feels good, man.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
you hold your pick the way you want to/the way you feel is best. thats the only rule of pick-holding.
On a similar note, I hold my pick between my thumb and my middle finger (and steady it with the edge of my index finger, too). Is it bad that I don't use my thumb/index finger for it or is that fine?
Quote by nalyd
On a similar note, I hold my pick between my thumb and my middle finger (and steady it with the edge of my index finger, too). Is it bad that I don't use my thumb/index finger for it or is that fine?

Eddie Van Halen holds it between thumb and middle. That should satisfy you.
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by AeroRocker
Eddie Van Halen holds it between thumb and middle. That should satisfy you.

I was asking the same question. However sir, you have not satisfied me in the least.
Just kidding, Aerorocker, you're a god. Not the best one, but you know one of those phony pagan gods.
Quote by sglover34479
I was asking the same question. However sir, you have not satisfied me in the least.
Just kidding, Aerorocker, you're a god. Not the best one, but you know one of those phony pagan gods.

i lol'd so hard at that.
O O

___
IF ONLY THERE WAS A FORUM FOR PICK HOLDING THREADS!!!!!!!!!!

go to my profile and check out my blog ok mate
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
=When the going gets tough, the tough get going=