Anyone experience fret wear with their guitars in a short amount of time say 3 months.

Thanks.............BD
No. My ibanez is going on almost 20 years and has been played so much the maple freboard is almost black in alot of areas. Frets are still going strong.

Assuming your guitar IS new, fret wear at 3 months is not normal, even if your playing 24 hours a day every day in 3 months.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Last edited by ClassicAxe at Sep 4, 2008,
Yeah, fret wear can happen really really quickly depending on what you're playing and how good your guitars frets are.
Well if it's a used guitar, then maybe, but 3 months is extremely quick for a new guitar.
which guitar? I can see a tiny bit on my squier after 3 months, but not enough to affect playability.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
With the first guitar I can see as it was a $99 Dean. The second was a $300 EMG clone Ibanez which I thought would hold up better to 1-2 hour a day practice sessions. Just a beginner but this still sux. Just picked up an Explorer which I like the sound, neck, headstock and pickups [except feedback] but I play sitting down and it has been difficult.

Overall I hope the Gibson has better fret durability than the others. Might trade for an SG...don't know.

I have read on here that the guitars made in Korea have shet fretwire.

Thanks for the thoughts................BD

OH yeah.........both new guitars.........
Another thought is that I do lots of stretching and vibrato.....

FYI....the pinches on the X are awesome.............so ez I do not want to trade it. I love the headstock, neck, and pickups. If I could get them on the SG it would be sick.

Later..
Last edited by BIGD2 at Sep 4, 2008,
I think your seeing and imagining things.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by ClassicAxe
I think your seeing and imagining things.

Did what?
The only way I'd expect to see fret wear after such a short time is if you were doing a lot of heavy bending on a particular fret.

For example, if you love playing bends on the 15th fret on the B string or something, and do it obsessively every time you make up a song, or jam, etc.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by Phill-Rock
The only way I'd expect to see fret wear after such a short time is if you were doing a lot of heavy bending on a particular fret.

For example, if you love playing bends on the 15th fret on the B string or something, and do it obsessively every time you make up a song, or jam, etc.

Might have been I don't remember but I've also seen the same occurrence on used Schectors and one or two others. I read about "the curse of Korean fret wire' on some threads also. I hope now that I have a domestic made Gibson that it will be a non issue.

Thanks for the time guys.............BD