this guy who is not a musician and knows not too much about music said that some of my stuff needs more variety.(my stuff is guitar instrumental based over loops)but i just gave him samples and he mistook them as being real full length songs.What and how should i take it?Did he say anything bad?
omg he totally said some like really really bad. he sounds like such a jerk, just top talking to him
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
It's called an opinion. Maybe he's right - you do need to listen to other things other than guitar orientated music. Don't fuss over it.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

It's just his opinion, at least he was being honest. Many musicians/song writers do need more variety these days...
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
I find non-musicians normally give the best feedback. Musicians (particularly mediocre ones) often confuse quality with complexity. I'm obviously not saying that complex music can't be good, just it often isn't.
No one needs to be a musician to tell you that your playing/music is bland.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by nightraven
says mr fayefaye jiungjyeng lololololololololololololololololol.

!

------------

um yeah, take his opinion into account (you should do that with every piece of criticism) and fix up your stuff. listen to new genres, it'll influence you to not have one exact type of genre as the focal point of everything you compose.

Trust me, Nick. I've been through so many genres which forced me to go elsewhere. My variety of musical taste is pretty broad in my opinion.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Everyone can appreciate good music, regardless of whether they play it or not. The only advantedge of getting criticism from musicians is that they can give you specific tips on to fix.
Quote by Xiaoxi
No one needs to be a musician to tell you that your playing/music is bland.

I think it's better to take advice from non-musicians. They will likely be the majority of your fans (unless you're vai or satch).