And the nut at teh bass of the neck is absolutely siezed. I know what I'm doing don't get me wrong and make me out to be an idiot that can't do anything, his bass is a Peavey Milestone BXP, I have a Peavey Milestone IV. I set mine all teh time, tighten bolts, fix loostened saddles ect. so i said I'd fix his no problem, but its absolutely jammed, his neck is warped insanely, so it needs to be done otherwise i can't set teh saddles at all.

Does anyone know anything I can do to it to get teh nut to move? I was thinking about taking hsi strings off to relieve tension, I'm also putting on a new set of strings for him so it wont be that much extra effort.

Please and thanks in advance pit
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
beat it out with a screwdriver and a hammer and put a new one in
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
teh nut eh...? by nut do you mean truss rod? ....cause i know, you know what you're doing but teh nut has nothing to do with a warped neck...furthermore why would teh strings be ON and tightened if you ARE in fact trying to REMOVE teh "nut"....

"""is a nut...
Attachments:
Silhouette%20Nut111111.JPG
Last edited by HATe410 at Sep 4, 2008,
under the pickgurad....right? thats the "TRUSS ROD" not a "NUT" it is a nut but not "THE NUT"..so in other words the TRUSS ROD has seized up not the nut....anyhow i read up on this and ive found some reviews mention you need a special tool (supposedly from Gibson) rather than the usual allen wrench to turn it properly, also would not F with it, could only damage it worse, though if your up for the challenge id suggest, if you are using an allen key to use an extension attachment so you can get some better leverage and turn slowly so not to strip it....lastly only 1/4 turns a day usually works best...

GOOD LUCK !
Last edited by HATe410 at Sep 5, 2008,
Don't be pedantic about "the nut." It's perfectly possible the turnwheel has seized (something wedged underneath for example- it's happened to mine). I'm sure almost everyone else who read this understood what he meant by "the nut" perfectly. Is it that difficult to not jump down his throat for something that he's technically right in calling the nut?
Quote by TANKER69
beat it out with a screwdriver and a hammer and put a new one in

everyone understands what he means??? lol
Lets put this another way. No one came out of the womb knowing everything about instruments. A simple request to explain further about his issue and provide pictures (which he did btw) would have sufficed. The poor guys got enough issues without us dragging out the technical terms verbiage police.

Back to the TS question. Ben is correct--that's not an easy truss rod adjustment, go on your merry bass way fix. Its going to need a pros evaluation and if it can be fixed, a pro to do it. I overadjusted a guitar truss rod that way once (too many turns in one day) and seriously messed up a guitar neck. It took a good luthier who happened to be a good friend as well to fix it. I owed him computer repairs gratis for some time in grateful payment.