Alright I have had my guitar money for a while but before I bought I decided to wait and get better before I bought. Now I really have no idea what I want. I would prefer a strat shaped guitar. A guitar without a floyd rose because I use multiple tunings. A guitar that can play anything as heavy as Avenged Sevenfold and sound heavy like they did in there first couple albums, to heavy as metallica, to hard rock such as guns and roses, ac/dc, and such. I am willing to spend up to 1300 but my preference is spending between 800 and 1100 and buying a new practice amp. My gear is in my sig. I realize that this all might not be possible and that I have to try the guitars but if it can accomplish most of the following I would be happy.
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Fender Standard Customized Fat Strat
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp
BTW not crazy about the look of Ibanez guitars, and the reason I just don't go out and try is right now my list is about 25 guitars, and my mom has to take me and will think I am crazy. I will be playing with this guitar, Hard Rock, Metal, and Heavy metal.
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp
1300 of which currency?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
there definetly nice guitars, don't get me wrong. But me and my band play so much different stuff so we can get gigs, and I also play in other bands that play harder music, and my Fender is great at cleans and can really play some punchy stuff but it can't go super heavy. My PRS is great tone but it isn't a "real" PRS, don't get me wrong, it is a great and my favorite guitar that I have ever played so far but it can't play metal at all, and it barely manages some of that hard rock stuff. I am also planning to down tune this guitar at some points and use my PRS and fender for standard so I don't really have to super change tunning's on stage.
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp
US dollars sorry.
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp
if you want something with good gain and handels high notes very well i would reccomend a SG or a flying V if you wanted the flyod rose
Quote by get ta led out!
Hmmm... well have you looked into an SG of some sort? Maybe even an ESP?

yeah I have but in both genres there are so many different kinds, can you give me some suggestions.
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp
Schecter blackjack atx c-1!
$800 ish

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
why dont you try esp's? they make good strat style guitars. i'd say schecter but i personally do not like schecter. and i agree ibanezes do look wierd... jackson dinky DKMGT.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
ESP LTD's are really good, got mine for like 600$ and its a beast, but if uve got the 1300 look into gettin a Gibson maybe but if u really lookin into the metal stuff stick wit ESPs
look into ESP or schecter. my friend has an esp, its pretty nice, forgot which model though. I'm getting a c-1 classic (schecter) and was considering a hellraiser, which sounds like its right up your alley.
Quote by conkersbfd182
ESP LTD's are really good, got mine for like 600$ and its a beast, but if uve got the 1300 look into gettin a Gibson maybe but if u really lookin into the metal stuff stick wit ESPs

Yeah I have the money but if I can get a great hard rock/metal guitar for 1100 or less I would be ecstatic so I can buy a new practice amp for my room, my old one is on its last leg...
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp
a Schecter hellraiser C-1 seems like it fits all those categories
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Well, if you want a guitar for metal (the PRS can't handle it? I've done metal on a PRS SE before no prob.) try a Schecter, they handle metal pretty well. Alternatively, if you really like the SE get the Allender signature, it's basically a Custom 24 without the carved top and with custom high-output humbuckers. I have no experience with ESP, sorry.
A 7-string would fix you for alternate tunings forever...
Schecter C-7 Blackjack, C-7 Hellraiser, or Loomis signature perhaps? The latter 2 have EMGs, if that's a good thing in your book.
I just checked out that link, I didn't realize Vipers came with EMG's in that case I might try out the more expensive one, thanks for the idea, there is one for like 1100 right.
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp
I really like the Jackson Soloist that the one guy pointed out, it looks cool and from the reviews it could handle what I play and isn't to heavy.
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp
i was gonna suggest a Ibanez S620EXQM, its an S series so it looks more like a strat than an Rg and it will play anything as heavy as you like
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
I do like the S series Ibanez but from my experience they didn't play metal well, but they usually are light which I do like and I like the look much more then the RG.
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp
I hate to keep on adding things, I feel like a major a-hole but I am not crazy about the fact that you cant sit and play flying v's. I do love there look, but for unamped practice when I either have a guitar lesson and am learning a acoustic song and didn't bring my acoustic, or if my mom is in a bad mood it is easier at those times to sit and play and maybe not be plugged in. 99% of the time I will be plugged in though...
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp
then i'd suggest looking into an ESP like others have said
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
alright thanks guys, looks like my choices right now are between, ESP, Jackson Soloist, and the wildcard is the Ibanez S series. Now this weekend hopefully I can go to my local sam ash and try some out!
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp