So battle of the bands is coming up this october (or november?) and I'm trying to think of songs to do. I will be doing lead/rhythm guitar and vocals.

We're allowed 10-15 minutes, and so far we've chosen Killing In The Name by Rage Against The Machine, and we're going to have a little jam session to The Killing Floor, by Jimi Hendrix.

But I'm looking for any good rock song to do. (None of that death/black metal crap, sry if you like it, but I'm not interested)

My interests are somewhere along the lines of Foo Fighters or Red Hot Chili Peppers, but name anything you want.

Thanks a lot!
IMAGINE.
If you're into RHCP, I suggest "Give it Away" or "Funky Monks."
METAR KTIK 040043Z COR RMK TORNADO 1W MOV NE. EVACUATING STATION
everlong?
My Gear:
Jay Turser Warlock
Baraccuda Strat
Takamine EG523SC
Samick Acoustic
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS-1
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Green Heaven- RHCP
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
These are all so great... I'm actually now thinking of doing Around the World, or Monkey Wrench. Both have great Jammability levels.
IMAGINE.
Incubus - Circles is always a good choice.

As for RHCP songs...Parrallel Universe is great. For the Foos Everlong is of course a fantastic choice.

If you're looking to do someone else, I suggest Smashing Pumpkins or maybe even Tool.
Quote by rockon1824
Monkey Wrench is a good choice if you can pull it off vocally.

Interesting that you brought that up, actually. The screamy awesome part in the middle is what I presume you're talking about. What I've plotted for that is that I sing a bit, the other guy sings a bit, I sing another bit, he sings it so on so forth.
Then I top it off with that finishing scream.
IMAGINE.
2 people< Dave Grohl
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
For RHCP songs?

Give it Away
Subway to Venus
Higher Ground
Scar Tissue I guess(you could really run wild w/ any improv you wanna do w/ the soloes)
Quote by RSX
For RHCP songs?

Give it Away
Subway to Venus
Higher Ground
Scar Tissue I guess(you could really run wild w/ any improv you wanna do w/ the soloes)

Aw man, please do Subway to Venus. It would be incredible. And if you found a horn player to do the horn part, I'd love you forever.

To be honest, I find it pretty annoying when someone covers Rage, especially Killing in the Name. It might just be that I've grown out of that, but if you think it's cool go ahead.
Personally though, I don't think that's the best choice.